Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bonus One


Hiroko and I seem to be working extremely tough weeks these months so when it's time to get into bed the next thing we realize is that it's already morning. We are left wondering what happened to the promised chats and snuggles. I guess that's what happens from time to time. Or from week to week. Or month to month.

We finally got ootnaboot on her new folding Dahon bike that we bought a month ago. It has been impossible to get out on our bikes due to the previously mentioned exhaustion.

It was a good ride and we wen to Second Street (the store where Stefnee got all her cool Japanese t-shirts) to see if they would take her Celine bag but hey told her they don't accept "super brands". They showed an entire list of the brands they cannot accept: Gucci, Vitton, Coach, Ferragamo, Fendi etc. So we were out of luck on that. She also wanted to sell off or give away a few pieces of her old dresses but they wouldn't take them as they were " too formal for the store". So we brought everything home.

But before heading home we rode around to an UniQlo in order to get me a couple more sweat absorbing undershirts and an ultralight down jacket for Hiroko.

Then we wondered what to do next as we still had an opportunity to ride around a bit. So I pulled out my trusty iPhone and ran the Geocaching app. Sure enough a mere 450m away was a cache. We followed the coordinates and grabbed the cache right away.

It has a gorgeous geocoin in it so I grabbed that and will replace it somewhere else. It really is a beaut.

We rode home with absolutely frozen fingers in spite of wearing gloves and mittens, cooked and ate nabe for dinner, enjoyed some hot wine and then relaxed by ironing three shirts.

What a great day!

Tomorrow we are going to meet Joanna from the UK and take her to the Imperial palace gardens to enjoy the sight. It's a gorgeous garden and it just happens to be on my list of Serenity spots so you know what will be in my bag tomorrow!

Oh and did I say that there are a whole slew of geocaches!

Joanna is our business partner from the UK.

I love you!

Cam

2 comments:

  1. Hiroko is beautiful and I am happy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hell with the woman, you should see how gorgeous this geocoin I picked up is! Now THERE'S a keeper for you if I've ever seen one!

    ReplyDelete