Monday, August 27, 2012

Amazing New Harajuku Starbucks!




I came for a haircut today, to Harajuku because it has been four
months and I want one more very short cut before I let it get a wee
bit longer again.

There is a new building across from the Condomania store. It used to
be a big Gap store but has been replaced by a really fashionable
concept, this past February. Today is the first day to visit as I
wanted to test out the new Lady Gaga perfume (kinda melts me).

Then I came up to the 6th floor where you cans we a bunch of trees
from below. It's a Starbucks! And what a Starbucks at that. First of
all I was surprised to see they sell a new coffee at a very expensive
price: Short at ¥610 or about $8.00! Wow! But they also use the Clover
machine which I read about in the latest Starbucks book. The system is
really simple, and acts like a reverse French press using suction to
pull the coffee down to a press filter plate after water is poured in
from the top. The description of it in the book doesn't do it justice.
It is cool! And the coffee is really good, too. See the description in
the attached photo.

Then I went outside and was stunned by this outside garden area (non
smoking) with a ton of awesome seating, steps, tables and more for
people to kick back and relax on. It is very impressive and this
concept is well worth the visit if you happen to find yourself in
Tokyo.

Very nice indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment