Saturday, October 29, 2011

Google Chrome Apps

Google has added some very interesting apps to their browser, Google Chrome, THAT YOU CAN USE ON YOUR COMPUTER. Apps. That's what I said. It's pretty cool, actually, that the computer is starting to blur into something like the smart phone. And I like that! 

Open up a new tab (+) in Chrome and you'll see what I mean. The "App Store" is now there, and you can download TONS of apps and use them for free. I have currently downloaded "Springpad", Canvas Rider (a really addictive "stick biker game), Full Screen Weather, and NewsSquares, an app that lets you put a bunch of your favourite news sources all in one visual place.

I also downloaded a KindleIt app which now allows me to convert any webpage I am reading into a kindle version, and then send it (via my computer) to my Kindle. To send directly to the kindle Amazon charges, but to send to the computer and then transfer to the Kindle via the USB cable is free. That's good. So now I can take a bunch of articles, editorials, etc. on my kindle as well.

The other little app I installed allows me to see how many mails I have in my GMail account by posting a little "M" in the upper right corner of the browser. When there are emails, a little number shows up over the M, informing me of the emails I have. So, I don't need to toggle back and forth any more to see if "I've got mail!"

I was surprised to see these changes. I think they may have happened either this week, or perhaps just over the past few days. Take a look; you may find something interesting.

That biking game is a blast. When the stick biker crashes, he? she? really crashes and burns. 

Time for food. The Fridge Goddess is beckoning me.

I love you!

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment