Saturday, December 17, 2011

Geocaching: 5-4-5, Part 1




Hiroko and I went out for a good 20km bike ride today in order to get
some fresh air, exercise and adventure. We came home tonight with
entirely numb fingers and toes in spite of wearing gloves (and shoes)
but to get five of five geocaches was fantastic!

The first photo with the blue cache we got in Nichiren's temple
complex. As I wrote in the previous post it was in a totally different
place than we were searching the last time because we got the
coordinates wrong in the multicache search. I'll write more about that
another day.

It's a gorgeous place and we were so happy to be there in the daytime.

2 comments:

  1. OK. You got me hooked. I have joined Geocaching.com and am going to try to find my first one today. Thanks Cam! (I think!)
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Abby. It's a blast. If you find a cache be very very proud of your skills because especially in the beginning it's actually quite difficult to think like a cache. Let me know if you find it and send me the G code so I can look at the site to see what you were looking for. The G code is the number that goes with each cache.

    And remember it is the process that is most important. One of the rules of caching is to put the caches in interesting worthwhile places not just hidden anywhere. Not everyone follows the rules but most do I think.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete