Saturday, October 23, 2010

All My YouTube Videos (& Jen Birthday Greeting)

I think this is really cool.

A fellow on YouTube actually just finished watching ALL of my videos (all 450 - 447 actually!). Let me say that again... He just finished watching ALL 447 of my videos on my YouTube Channel!!!!

He wrote me today to tell me that it took months, but he finally finished.

That's really really cool.

He plans to come to Japan and tour around for three weeks at some time in the not too distant future. He said he loves my channel because of all the other videos on Japan, I seem to show life here from a completely different and very captivating angle. He loves the way things look in "My Japan".

Then he asked exactly where I lived in Fukui so I pulled up a link on Google Maps (it's been updated since the last time I looked; updated quite a bit!) I grabbed that link, and then also grabbed a link to where I live now (unfortunately it looks like I live in an empty lot now).

If you want to get a good idea of how different my life is, visit this Google Map Link to see where I live now:  http://goo.gl/maps/Qp6Q, and then visit THIS Google Map Link to see where I lived for the past 20 years before coming to Tokyo: http://goo.gl/maps/OSwM

You can zoom in or out as you like to get a better idea of how vastly different life is. Just by looking at these two maps you will see that EVERYTHING has changed. EVERYTHING.

I love you!

Have a wonderful Jen's Birthday October 23rd day!

Happy Birthday, Jen!
I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Awww....

    Thank you Mou.... sigh...
    Good memories, yes!

    I've been following Carrie on FB. She's there now. She's selling her place. She painted it in pastel (island) colours so the awesome RED place is no more.

    Everything changes indeed!

    Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful RED place indeed. I LOVED waking up to breakfast. MMm mm mmm mmm mmmm. Carrie cooked us some mean pork chops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork chops wif eggs! mmmmm...


    I'm hungry! gonna make BACON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny... and takes lots of dedication to get through all of them.

    Yes life changes... and over the past 5 years I have witnessed lots of changes with many of my old fellow 360'ers as well as in my own life but change seems to be part of the only sure things in life along with death and taxes of course!

    ReplyDelete