Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things that go Smile in the Night

I was cooking my dinner and the doorbell rang. It was the vegetable guy and his wife. He wanted to know why I was wearing an apron, so I told him. He raised an eyebrow. I just nodded, quietly, knowing he wouldn't get it.

I invited them in. As they were walking down the hall they commented on how clean, fresh, unique and spacious the house looked. I pride myself in keeping things looking superb.

They looked at the fridge and were impressed by how clean and new it looks in spite of being 16 years old. I told them they could have it. They said they'd love to take it and I said sure. Then I showed them the laundry machine and that impressed them even more because laundry machines get REALLY grungy in Japan what with all the humidity. So they said they'd take that too when I was ready to give it up. I said sure to that, as well.

I then did the usual thing I love to do and gave them a house tour. The vegetable guy was constantly commenting on how amazingly I decorated the house, how I used things so differently from the way the Japanese do, and how it looked so refreshing and spacious. I just smiled. His wife was quietly assessing everything; you know the way women do. I could tell she approved of my housekeeping skills. I wasn't worried. My skillset rocks.

I showed them a kerosene heater that I needed to give away and would they like to have it? Once again they were so impressed by how clean I had kept it all these years that they jumped on it and I had to pry them off the damn thing. I carried it down the stairs for them, not so much to be the gentleman, but to keep them from breaking their necks on stairs they aren't familiar with. Sometimes you gotta play the nice guy card. I took it out to the car for them, and they drove off into the rainy night.

Three major appliances spoken for and since I'm giving my trusty steed to the car dealer guy on my last day here, to sell for me, that takes a huge load off these shoulders.

I think I'll take the Japanese snacks they gave me as a "coming over gift", that you always have to remember to bring when you visit people here in Japan, to Mayu when I go and visit her on the 26th. That way she can use them for her friends and customers that come to visit and receive massages. She's a great woman, and a wonderful host. She always offers her clients tea and some cakes or snacks afterward, so if I can help out, I am more than happy to do so!

Things that go "smile" in the night...

The Universe brings you just what you need, just when you need it.

Ahhhh... now that's what I call loving life!

Time for a coffee... or maybe a beer... or maybe a beer then a coffee. Hell, maybe I'll slug them down at the same time!

Enjoy your day.

I love you!

Cam

33 comments:

  1. Someone's having a nice night.

    Good for you, Sweety!

    You're a good neighbour and a nice man.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd make an awesome catch! Yep. Least that's what I'd like to think. (wouldn't we all?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually i don't really want to be that kind of catch.

    I'm done with the whole domestic goddess thing.

    From now on any cleaning and cooking i do will be solely for me... or guest who come over... then leave.

    And as a single person i don't think there will be a lot of it to do. That will be a relief... for a while i guess.

    I may miss someone in my house all the time, but i WON'T miss picking up after or cleaning three bathrooms, etc.
    NO WAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but you're good at it, right? Awesome in fact, right? Stupendous as a matter of fact, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an awesome array of cleaning equipment......when u come over would you both like to use it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We could come as a team, Di....

    Like Merry Maids here in the US.

    You can pay us in food and drinks and show us a good time down under.

    LOL... i tried, as i was typing NOT to think of ALL the innuendo that kept popping up in what i wrote...
    Even thought to re write it, but my fingers kept typing and i'm near tears with laughter...

    Oh my...
    i need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont live in autralia lol......lol....think your garden hedge trimming may be influencing you lol....chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that was a Vegetal Slip, Di. She knows you live "oveh theah"..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... sorry Di.

    I have so many friends from all ova da place i got you mixed up with my Aussie chick.

    Quiet, Cameron.
    thought you had dinner to eat and THINGS to do... you know... AWAY from the puter?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have three computers...

    Just finished my coffee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. anyway... i know you, like me spend most of your time in your beautiful English garden.... one i'd kill to come see someday.
    Yours is a storybook cottage and gardens....

    Actually, yeah. I'd LOVE to come clean (not cook... you cook way better) and hang out at your place for ... ever?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice...

    I'm just sitting down with mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. no worries mate...i am a bit of a sheila at times.....ooo caM JUST POPPED UP BELOW ME.....HOW DISCONCERTING LOL....F...CAP LOCKS

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'm not supposed to be here....3 pc's.!!!!!..this is worse than your meat consumption cam lol....do you have one for breakfast lunch n supper?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Di, I have "A [Computer] For All Seasons"

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's just a typical Boy, Di.

    Loves and has LOTS of toys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well i must admit it only cash strapping that prevents me from buying anything with a plug, jack, battery compartment or usb connection on it

    ReplyDelete
  18. By the way... have I actually been officially invited to visit you some day in the UK, Di?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me first, Buster.

    We're both garden divas.
    I may never leave once i set foot in her heavenon earth...
    so you'd have to contend with me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ... unless you were eaten by worms, first. I'm sure then I could enjoy some loverly vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just be sure not to coat yourself in mosquito repellent first, though because worms don't particularly like the residue.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thought you were going to the showers...

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is an automated response: Cameron is currently in the shower. He will respond accordingly once completing his zen shower experience. Thank you for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tell him not to bother.

    i'm done with MY coffee now so i guess there's NO reason to stick around.

    Seeya.

    ReplyDelete
  25. you both are welcome anytime....the pubs 3 doors/houses down the lane...no driving

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG!!!!

    How awesome is that!

    Now i know i will plan to visit...

    Gardening by day....

    Getting ripped by night...

    Now THAT'S living!

    ReplyDelete