Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tripping Out

The first week of the Canada excursion has come to a close. Tomorrow I catch a flight to Calgary and begin the second leg of this journey. 

A lot of things happened this week, and all of them good:

  1. Saturday afternoon I met with Lorne, Carol and Conor after they flew into Winnipeg on Friday night. We went to see X-Men 3. It was good, if a little corny.
  2. Dinner on Saturday with Mom, Dad, Bruce, Lorne, Carol, Conor was superb at The Keg,  but Bruce forgot to buy a ticket for the parking and instead of paying $2, ended up paying $38.
  3. After dinner Lorne and I drove out to Brad's to pick up the projector and the speaker. I got to hug Nancy. Boy did she feel goooood....
  4. The 50th Anniversary went off without a hitch on Sunday. Well, kinda... sorta... the projector burned out so the presentation only played about halfway through. But that was minor. Yep.
  5. On Monday I went here and there with dad, running around to the home center, etc. I also did a huge shopping at the supermarket (anti perspirant, allergy medicine, gifts for the office, etc.)
  6. Tuesday in the evening, I met Brad and Darrell and we spent some good time together confusing my mom who would wander through the house and find Brad at the dining room table, Darrell sitting on the sofa and me in the bedroom, each and every one of us fiddling with several computing devices.
  7. On Wednesday I worked on the gardening and did several things such as edging, trimming, and mowing the lawn. Brad popped in again so I got to hug him once more. He had Ciera with him so it was good to meet with him, too.
  8. In the evening I went out to Lisa's and met with Kiera, Alayna, Holly & Javan. That was a lot of fun; I absolutely adore that family.
  9. On Thursday morning, I did some gardening for Mom.
  10. I went out with Mom and Victor and Cynthia to Moxey's restaurant for lunch. The food was delicious and the waitresses were stunning. My mom noted how our server had wonderful teeth. That's not all that was wonderful about her!
  11. Mom and I went off to Mountain Equipment Coop and I found some TALL Medium rain gear for myself! Yaaay!
  12. Tonight I had two games of cribbage with my dad and lost both. He's a pro! I've only been playing for about 35 years.
  13. Tomorrow I am off to Calgary. I have to wait in the airport for a few hours until Lorne flies back in from Whitehorse, and then we will go to his home for the weekend.
  14. On Saturday it is a game of golf with Lorne, Conor, and Dave. 
  15. Carol comes back on Sunday (she is away for the weekend), so who knows what we will do?
  16. On Monday to Wednesday Lorne and I are going to head out into the mountains. Rocky Mountains, here I come!!
  17. Thursday is a mystery day.
  18. On Friday I leave Calgary for Vancouver and then Tokyo, arriving home to my apartment about 8pm Saturday evening. 
  19. Sunday I get to recuperate and do laundry. I'm excited!!
  20. On Monday I will be heading out to Kobuchizawa as usual, so I can have a bit of a  breathing space before sitting in my office and sweating all day. It is really strange, but since I have been here in Winnipeg, not once have my shirts, gotch, or pants gotten wet from perspiration. In Tokyo I am always wet. That humidity makes a huge difference.
That's the trip. It has been awesome, and it will continue to be so.
I love you!
Cam

4 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great stay with the family. Hope Dad is doing alright, he sent me a message the other day. Take care of him Hugs Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending in the well wishes, Jalopy. It was really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always good to be home for awhile :)

    ReplyDelete