Friday, April 20, 2012

The Epic Adventure: Looking in the Mirror of Erised

Things are starting to crystallize out now regarding our Trip.

The Italian has been up in the air, but after talking with Gianpi and Michela we have come down to the following:



Rome (5/28 - night only)
Venice (5/29, 30)
Belluno (5/31- 6/05)

Gianpi says that you can easily spend a week in...
Florence (6/05 - 8)


And if you are visiting for the first time then at least several days will be necessary for...

Rome (6/08 - 11)

Then we hop a flight to ...
London (6/11, 12)

Next it is off by train to stay with a friend in Leichestershire...
Ashby de la Zouche (6/13-17)



Back for a night to... 
London (6/17)



And relax there, just walking around and taking in the Euro air.

Then it is off to our five day bus tour in the early morning. We decided we want to be a..
Welsh Explorer (6/18-22)



We have to spend another night in ...
London (6/22)

before catching an afternoon flight to...
Edinburgh (6/23, 24)

After exploring the city, the castle, the Royal Mile we will hop on a tour bus and take five days for a ...



Highland Fling (6/25-29)
(Click on "Itinerary" for more details.)

Followed by two more nights back in ...
Edinburgh (6/29, 30)

And we fly to Canada on July 1st (6am from Edinburgh, to Amsterdam, to Toronto, to Winnipeg)



THAT is going to be a LONG day!

Three weeks in...
Winnipeg (7/01 - 20) 

to relax, introduce Hiroko to my family, friends, and my world will be very very nice and relaxing.



After that we are going to head over to visit Lorne, Carol and Conor for a week in...
Calgary (7/21-29)

and then fly back to Tokyo. 
We will be taking care of Rene (Mig Sawamura from YouTube) from Germany when he comes and graces us with his presence for a few weeks.



Actually, we chose to fly to...
Bangkok (8/19-26) 

I wrote to my former business partner who now lives in Bangkok to see if he can help with booking and places to visit while we relax away in Thailand for a week and soak up the sun until we finally come back and start looking for work again.



on the same day that Rene is leaving. We wanted to go to Narita with him. I think he will appreciate that even though he has no idea until he reads this that we decided to do that so we can be with him on his last day in Japan!



Things are getting exciting!!

I love you!

3 comments:

  1. I've spent a week in Florence... easily. It's a lovely city, and one of my favorite. Your going to have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I want to quit my high stress job and travel too! BTW yesterday I was promoted to being the actual boss. I thought I was going to only be Assistant Manager, but nope I'm in charge of the whole clinic. Not bad for only being there since August. Salary just doubled but so did my stress level..... I am not motivated by money but by life. So we shall see how long this lasts. I am just going with it now, but my intentions as you know lie elsewhere. So its a temporary thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paula. And remember: the greatest growth comes through the greatest challenges. And right now as your job is very challenging it means that the future holds great growth for you! I love you! And I want more time in Florence.

    ReplyDelete