Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hospital Trip

It started about Tuesday with really sore knees... I thought it was due to the huge amounts of walking. But sitting down with any bent-knee for any length of time made it worse. The pain would go up to my hip, and down to my calves.

A couple of days ago I started to get achy, and lost appetite. The ache moved through the joints and included the muscles.

Yesterday I had no appetite and 24hrs of the runs. Actually I think that started on Thursday...

Last night I went between sweating and shivering, and developed a headache. The entire body feels like a Mac Truck ran over it.

Today it feels worse. I went to the hospital finally and had my temperature taken. It was 38.5C... it used to be 37C until I had my appendix ripped out of me in 1993, and from that point on it dropped to 35.5C. So that explains why my bones and muscles are so sore, why my head is throbbing, why my ears are burning, why I go from shivers to sweats...

They also did an influenza test, and both A and B types came back "negative". Which really only means that right now they couldn't find anything. There are false negatives, and false positives in every medical test.

So they gave me anti-diarrhea medicine, acetominophen as well as something for colds. I asked them if it would be possible to also get Tamiflu, and they said yes. I had two options, one was the Tamiflu itself and is in capsule form. The other came in an inhaler. Both have apparently the same effects, but I think that the inhaler has less side-effects. I took the capsules. I like side effects.

The funny thing is... a year or so ago when Tamiflu came on the Japanese market there was some really strange stuff happening... several people who got the medicine (all were early in teens) seemed to have sudden delusional ... whatevers and three of them ended up throwing themselves out of their windows and killing themselves. It was a real problem as the drug companies tried to figure out what the problem was... well, they have it again, so maybe it was either hushed up, or it turned out to be unrelated. Either way, if I do throw myself out the window, the only thing I will succeed in doing is landing on the ground that needs weeding. So who knows, right? Some things that are safe in the USA (belladonna) are considered a narcotic in Canada...

Excuse me while I go and die now...

I love you!

Cam

31 comments:

  1. blargh! That sounds unfun. I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really shouldn't through up on Ms. Kayak's shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a handful of Belladonna now...
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you dead yet?

    Hope not... i kinda like having you around.

    Feel better soon, CammyMou!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, so sorry. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygosh! I'm sorry you're feeling so badly... and DON'T fling yourself from a window, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange how it started with your knees ! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey rest up.. sorry to hear that your out of sorts.. hope its not for long.

    I havent been back to read through yr page for a while.. but I did read Jens versions of her time away with you and it sounded wonderful and the pics that I saw were great, you both looked so happy!

    Get better soon. From Australia.. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping you feel much better very soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So... you didn't die?

    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you have just from reading the first four paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it was ruled out, Deb.
    You're speaking of the oinker flu, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh Watson, you would be correct.

    The fact that Cam is also taking Tamiflu further led me to believe it was swine flu, seeing as that's what the victims have to take.

    After all the jokes I endured from Cam, I thought it was hilarious...

    (do you go to hell for that?)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Deb! Actually I ASKED for Tamiflu just in case their test results were false negative, or just in case the Hiney Virus is a different test from Ia and Ib and they didn't bother to test for that because I didn't ask...

    Go ahead and heckle away! I love it!

    I'll see you in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belladonna?

    and... by the way... no dying allowed. It's in the contract.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a homeopathic medicine... great for anxiety... nerves ... like the ones i've been having...
    YOU should get some too... check your health food store!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmm maybe I'll just skip the homeopathic stuff and start on Meth.


    yep.

    or heroine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think belladonna is cheaper... unless you got a source for free...

    *bucks for a bottle of the magic little pills...

    It's sum good shit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. While doing our MBA, Rob and I toyed with the idea of leaving Japan and starting a meth lab together. We never got around to it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Feeling better?... hope you are

    ReplyDelete