Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Futon Has Landed!!!

Well, it took an entire month for Belgian customs to decide to release the futon I sent to Chris over in Europe. It was a nightmare. They got it three days after I shipped it. For those of you know the Japan EMS, it is FAST. And very reliable. The problem is you don't know what happens once it hits the other country's postal system.

And this was one of the nightmare times.

All the documentation was with it, but the customs people wanted extra info, and needed to send Chris a letter, but they never did! It took them three weeks and much calling and yelling for Chris to finally get the letter. Chris and I have been emailing back and forth for weeks, as it both has had us very worried.

Well the futon arrived yesterday, and ... we are both very relieved!

Here is the email from Chris that just arrived:

Hey Cam,

I can happily announce that I finally picked up the futon yesterday evening. I was so excited to finally have it here and I was worried about the condition of it due to the fact that the box looked like it was opened, so I unpacked yesterday evening. Unfortunately I couldn't make any photos nor video of the unpacking because our video camera was gone and it was really late. But I will make a video as promissed and I will show the futon in full glory.

I'm really happy about the kake and shiki buton. I was worried about the thickness of the shikibuton but you where right this sleeps soooooooooooooo good, It's unbelievable. The kakebuton is nice and fluffy and really hot but light weight at the same time. I love it compared to my old bedding.

I'm not sure about the covers, the color and the fact that the cover for the kakebuton hasn't got a funnt hole in it like is showed in my pictures, but they will do for now and I will probably get some white ones with a hole in the kakebuton cover in the future.

But otherwise I'm really really really happy with this set, and I still can't believe that you did this for me and that a month ago I was only walking around with the idea and now I can touch this idea in reality here in my own room.

Thank you and your helpers from the bottom of my heart,

Chris

P.S. I will post a video as soon as I know how that works on YouTube(sorry there are still younger people that aren't computer nerds haha) but you will get that.

I love Globalized Love!

Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment