Sunday, July 17, 2011

Getting in some time

I just finished a 10K skate. It is pretty hot out here but all the kids are playing baseball in it ALL DAY so I figure I can come out here for an hour and get a little sun. It's a national holiday today so that's why I'm out here at this time.

The fields are not totally filled up with people yet but I imagine they will be. And the baseball and soccer moms of course, devotedly supporting their kids. I don't see nearly as many dads out here and the number of coaches are far outweighed by the moms.

There are a lot of cyclists, walkers, runners of all shapes and sizes out here on the Edogawa pedestrian road. But Tokyoites feel at ease surrounded by people and are uncomfortable when nobody else is around. One of the things Mayu's mom didn't like about where we lived in Fukui was that there were no people out walking at night. Another thing was that for her it is too dark. She felt unsafe.I guess it is all how you live that affects what you like. Me? I prefer it dark and lonely; I get to use more than just my eyesight. I like that.

I guess I should pack up and head home for a shower and breakfast.Megumi is getting her hair cut in Shibuya today and asked if I wanted to meet her for lunch or coffee...

I love you!

Cam

P.S. I haven't figured out how to post to Google+ yet via email so that will have to come later perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment