Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Well-Being

Apparently there is a typhoon coming through Japan that is garnering international media coverage. The Canadian Embassy in Tokyo suggests that Canadians might consider contacting our family and friends back home to let them know of our well-being.

This morning before 7am I got an email from Rene in Germany asking me about the Typhoon. As I don't have a TV, nor did I look at the weather I didn't know there was one coming. But when I looked outside it was pouring in sheets.

Then it stopped.

But as with typhoons, so usually come winds. So I rolled up my sunscreen outside and clamped it closed so it would not blow away. At that time it wasn't raining. I went to work. No rain. I got to work after walking outside for 5' with no rain. The humidity was unbelievably high, but we can live with that.

Tonight I walked back to the station in the humid evening air, but with no rain. Then I arrived at my station and walked home. No rain. I undressed, and lay on my bed in front of the fan for a moment after opening the windows when suddenly I heard the tell-tale sound of sheet rain coming down. So I came here to the living room to close the window in case the wind was blowing in.

It's not.

Tonight we are expecting heavy rains I think but not THAT bad. However, the heavy rain will come also during commuting time which could slow down the trains and cause a LOT of crowding. That always happens during typhoon season.

Thanks for your concern if you have been engrossed in the international media machine, and thanks even if you haven't.

In case you were wondering, my well-being is:

hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment