Sunday, July 3, 2011

Only Milk or Soy

This morning I got up at the planned 5:15am. It's not so hard to do when the sun comes up at 4am and the apartment is a balmy 29C all night. So I got a lot of stuff done by the time I left for Shinjuku to catch my train to Kobuchizawa.

I work in a different company now, one of the subsidiaries of the company that bought us out. I also continue to work one day in the old company which has a new name but the same familiar faces. And then I go out to Kobuchizawa for one day. They too were acquired by CMIC Co. So all in all I have three companies at which I work, in three very different locations with completely different cultures, fashions and businesses around.

CMR, the old place (formerly known as SMR)b is in a wholesale district so it isn't too busy. Neither does it offer much in the way of anything, really, because the area starts early and closes down early (wholesalers are like that.) CBR, out in Kobuchizawa (formerly known as SIBS), is... well, in the mountains. And my new place, CMIC MPSS, is in Gotanda and is an extremely lively place for just about anything you can envision (even sexy massages from hot Asian women, apparently). There are a ton of restaurants, drinking places, and and well, everything. All an hour commute from my home. My new gym is there too. I go there Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Going to those three companies makes it a bit difficult to figure out who is paying me, to which company I should submit my travel expenses, and where I punch the clock. I imagine it will get figured out, though.

So, on my way to CBR today I left a bit early from home (and you were wondering why I started off with the 5:15 line, I imagine). I wandered into UniQlo to ask about some cooldry work shirts because I threw out another one this morning. The armpits were yellow after just one year. Damn my sweat chemicals. And actually the third slim fit I am wearing now is, like the other two I tossed between today and Friday, too tight on me now, and it too seems a bit yellow. I can't tell if it's my eyes playing tricks on me or not but this one too may hit the circular bin tonight.In the end I got a new cooldry shirt, and cool dry workout shorts and T-shirt for something else to wear instead of my usual tanktops, undershirts or cycling shirts.

Then I headed to Tokyu Hands and picked up a 3-piece set of window locks that Mayu recommends. You can keep your windows and balcony sliding doors locked partially open all the time without fear of burglars or rapists coming in while you are away or asleep. For me I don't need as I always leave my windows open all year round but for women it provides a sense of security. When you close eveything up and leave for work (or go to sleep) the homes climb to 38C inside and it becomes extremely uncomfortable. It is very hard to cool down when you get home after work. And, for women it provides added security. All good and well. Two for Megumi's windows so I don't find her dead and rotting away this summer as we try to use less energy, thanks to TEPCO.

I skipped eating lunch out today (apparently I have great 9.4% bodyfat BUT high visceral fat content!!! so need to do something about it!!) and will have my obento about 2pm if I can last that long. Then on the way home I will eat some cheese and nuts to keep me alive until I get home about 11pm to cook dinner.

I went to Starbucks because I still had about 30minutes to relax before catching my train. I wanted to order a cafe misto wit half-and-alf cream because I don't drink milk anymore and it bloats me now. In Canada I got it with half-and-half instead of the standard milk and it was good. But surprisingly, you know what I was told when I asked?

"I'm sorry, we don't have cream; only milk or soy."

I love you!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment