Tuesday, September 13, 2011

IAM: Waking up with Futon Boy

Mitch felt his first earthquake last night. I'll let him try to describe it when he gets the time. I woke up at 1am when I felt it and he was up. When I woke up to leg cramps at 5am and went to get some water, Futon Boy was up and sitting on the bed. It may have been a bit too warm for him to sleep last night as he came from highs of 17C to a place that is still 31C at 8pm.

This morning I played househusband and whipped him up a whopper of a VEGETARIAN breakfast consisting of the following:

vegetable korokke (croquette)
Hokkaido mini potatoes
onsen tamago (hotspring steamed egg)
mushroom tempura
ume okayu (plum rice congee)
deep fried tofu
pickled cabbage
steamed broccoli
miso soup
and iced cafe latte.

We caught my usual 7:38 train and met my new morning train-friend nurse, Hiroko who was able to squeeze her way over to us. She chatted a bit in English with Mitch (first time to learn she speaks English). Very friendly is Hiroko (single, too). And she is a nurse so she knows well how to communicate with people and use eye contact. She also isn't afraid of body contact which is good. Hiroko got off at her regular station and we went on to Shinjuku.

I took Mitch to the two Geocaches at Shinjuku South and let him find them. Maybe I hooked him. Then I bought him coffee at Starbucks and we sat and talked about all the scenery. I took him to his platform after we bought his ticket and hugged him sayonara. He is off to the Ghibli Museum today, then to Osaka for huge hugs plus alpha from his woman.

Ah yes... last night he arrived at my station at 8pm and I took him to a Chinese place. We found some stuff with no meat.He had a shower at my place to get rid of the "flight funk", checked his mail, we chatted a bit and about 11pm called it a night. He awoke a few times during the night.

Another Successful IAM Meeting! I love Globalized Love!

And I love you!
Cam

14 comments:

  1. hmmmmm...

    You seem to be lining up your next conquests.... AmazonWoman, NurseLady ;)

    Meanwhile.... it's awesome that Mitch is experiencing ALL of Japan (earthquakes, Oy!) He must be so excited. I'm sure he's having a fantastic time... thanks to you.
    And now i'm sure he's having a great time with his sweetheart as well. I can only imagine how awesome it all must be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmazonWoman, NurseLady (she was awesome to chat with this morning), and don't forget AmazinglyTalkativeYoko! Hey, since I can't travel with Megumi any more on the trains, I have to find somebody to chat with! Can you imagine me ... going silent?!?!? *gasp* Oh, da horra! da horra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think he had time to do what she asked him to do. She said she didn't want to do it (too embarrassing) so he had to do it in Tokyo. I forgot to offer that little bit of help to him this morning... my bad. I hope nothing unexpected comes of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Jen, an interesting thing happened on the way to the station tonight. I finished just after 6pm. Yesterday when I bumped into my AmazonWoman, aka GotandaGoddess it was about the same time. I was wondering if she would be on the platform again. I thought I'd stand beside her, look over raise these eyebrows and grin. You know how I do that, eh?

    Anywhoo, as I was walking past one of the bazillion franchise coffee shops along the way, and looking in the windows at all the people (as I usually do), noting people I have seen before walking to and from work, noticing fashions, etc. I saw GotandaGoddess sitting in the coffee shop, talking to someone! The interesting thing is that she was sitting with her back to the window, and in the middle of the shop (not close), but I IMMEDIATELY could tell it was her!

    So, although she wasn't at the platform, I DID get to see her as I passed by the coffee shop. And that was great! Funny how those things line up, when you really want them to, eh? Must be one of those 'Universal' thangs.

    Kinda like gettin' da schnitzel, but different. Actually, 'gettin' da schnitzel' takes on an entirely different meaning when you think about it... but I am so hungry that all I can think of is fooooood (you know what I'm like when I'm like this...)

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over on FB I recommended he go for the 0.02 and his response was that I should not worry as he's got it covered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cam, enjoyed the 2 videos with Mitch....believe he is a bit shy in front of the camera...not like some one else I know.

    Now, you stay away from those single lady's that like body contact......just joking. The crowd trian is no place for a germ freak....LMAO

    Have a great one; stop running around in your underwear with your house guest.......LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's a germ freak? And they don't smell bad at all! Still waiting for your email address..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howie Mandel.......... Just making a general statement about them.....nothing personal about any one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I even felt overdressed in my gotch! Not used to wearing that much clothing these days...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to work, I hope.....LOL.
    @ home my attire is a little short of coverage......lol.

    ReplyDelete