Saturday, September 10, 2011

Shuppatsu!


Yesterday was good.

I unfolded my bike and rode the up-down road to where Honoka is having her gallery. Then I visited an African art museum and after that pedaled over to an interesting outdoor gallery of which I showed you the thumb. An artist of yore bought the land and using the mountains, sky, forest converted the entire area into art. In the very middle of the place is an interesting round building of brick that is apparently a replica of an old winery in France.

I rode back to Honoka's gallery at 1715 but they had closed for the day. However she had her eyes peeled from above and called out to me from her friend's house a bit up the mountain when she saw me at the gallery. We borrowed her friend's car, tossed my bike in and drove up to this JazzBar Chandra where I made a booking to stay. It was a good 30 minutes to get here.

Both of us were hungry so we wandered to a restaurant in the surrounding woods and had a quick dinner, then came back for the Jazz. It was ... not interesting but our conversation was compelling and we probably annoyed the other guests by talking the entire time. Honoka went home about 10:30 and I had a shower and hit the sack about 11pm. As Honoka doesn't live in Japan (Bali, Columbia, NYC) I don't know when Ill see her next but I'm sure she will let me know when she is in the country again.

I'm just enjoying coffee now and then I must be off. I have to ride about 8km to the first geocaching spot. See if you can find Sanbu-ichi, Yamanashi Prefecture on google to get an idea where I am and what I'm doing. It is kind of a famous spot as there were water wars here in the past.

I love you!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment