Friday, June 27, 2008

Love, Tornado Style

Snacks... snogging... coffee all over my white shirt... whatnot... it was a fun afternoon making that video. And ... our primary video guy was Spencer! (and our chaperone, of course!!)

I love you!

Cam

P.S. Scooter, we saved the snacks for saturday morning so you can be off of pancake duty.... AND the kids can run around all day like sugared-up maniacs pelting us with water balloons and .. whatnots.

By the way... do you like chickory coffee? We are going to HAVE to brew that up and enjoy it (on video) with YOU, Stefnee, Simon, Silas, Spencer, Shasta, Toby, Mr. Skinny Winkles, Skippy John Jones, Lucy, Jackson and Sally ... OR.... Mander!

What? No rabbits? Oh... yeah... right... I ate Tubby & Terence the rabbits for lunch!

Today's Update:  

We had a very late start today (well, not Scooter... he had an earlier start). Last night after we got back from Bunco about midnight, Stefnee started cutting out patterns for my sleep shorts.

Then it got really windy, and the rain started pounding down. Scooter was upstairs TRYING to sleep, and I ran out into the pouring rain and got myself nice and sopping wet turning up the windows. I didn't realize the car windows were way down. Scott came down, and said the car windows were down, so I went back out and closed them up (we opened them up first thing this morning to dry them out as best as possible - still open).

Scooter got Stefnee's Meditation Tapes and went back upstairs. I started drifting off on the chaise lounge as The Fabric Goddess stitched away.

Then suddenly she cocked her head... and ran to the front door saying, "are those the sirens?" And sure enough they were! The tornado sirens!

So immediately she pounded upstairs and got everyone up. They all came running down with blankets and pillows and we dashed into the basement and huddled ourselves far back into the basement away from glass, and stuff in case the tornado came our way.

Scooter brought down the laptop and we sat down there searching for news on the tornado siren warnings. In the end, they found a radio station that said McPherson had some electrical problems and the sirens were a result of that, and not a tornado.

It was amazing to see Momma Bear and Poppa Bear jump into action and all the little Baby Bears following along in perfect harmony, even though it was the middle of the night!

All was well, they sent the kids back up to bed, and life at 3am returned to normal.

Then at that time I think, I finally was able to get my YouTube Tornado video posted (it belched once in an electrical glitch). We used my computer and loaded it up to Stefnee's blog as well.

And as we were sitting in the chaise watching the video to see how it went.... we fell asleep and woke up about 3.30 or 4am or so with my neck killing me because my head was draped over the back of the chaise. Stefnee went off to bed and i went down to the basement cubbyhole to sleep.

So the day today started later than expected. The kids had cereal, and we cooked breakfast of bacon and eggs. Then the kids went off to the pool...

The kids went to the pool but the young uns were still too young to be let in so they came home. We took them back to the pool without towels (they neglected to inform us until we arrived that they had no towels...) and let them play around. A little later one of the lifeguards brought Simon back because he wasn't feeling well. So we brought him back home and set him up with movies and whatnot.

I was feeling a bit burned from the sun  (yes, again) so had a nap. Stefnee worked hard on making me some sleep shorts out of the most awesome material. (I'll have to model them if anyone is interested in seeing her amazing skills in action! - Just let Stefnee know).

When I woke up, she was gone so Simon and I sat out on the porch and chatted a bit. Momma Bear came home with some V8 juice for Baby Bear, and now she is sewing again!

She started to get hungry so I pulled out some sandwich meat, added a half of a tomato and gave her some water... and all was well.

We are going out for dinner tonight for their anniversary (it was yesterday, but so was Bunco). I want to take just the two of them out so that they can have an adult night with me. In addition to that, I really want to give them a good time and show my love and appreciation for letting me be their kitchen elf, babysitter, launderer, vacuum cleanor, bedtime storyteller, cook, and all about playmate for the kids. I have been loving my week here as it is an absolutely FANTASTIC time!

Thanks so much, Scooter and Stefnee. I really really REALLY appreciate you letting me come to Stefnee, Kansas, and share your life with me. I will NEVER EVER forget this journey of being present, alive, aware and BEING!

I love you!!!!!

in..............................

 

out....................................

 

in.................................................................

 

out................................................................

 

(I'm hungry......)

35 comments:

  1. You look so awesome...

    BOTH of you!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beignets = Donuts of the GODS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwesome!
    it was a Camfest for the weeds and our Fabric Goddess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (I come out of the woodwork on occasion... especially for bacon)

    Luvs yous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tornado drill. Yikes! I'm glad Stef has a basement.

    That is an amazing video, ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the video ya all. Oh and Cam, welcome to the Midwest Tornados and all.
    Stef, is that corn I see back there? I thought you did not grow the stuff. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cam - That bamboo that was behind you and Stefnee in the video made me feel right at home! Thanks for setting it all up just like that. I love me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tornado drill was insane!! Cam was so calm and cool... (probably because he's never experienced the very real danger of a tornado) and I was shaking .... full of adrenaline and nervous energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the longest P.S. ever! Rock on Tornado Safety Brigade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only imagine how you felt since I am living here in tornado alley. Cam was in the NOW and that is most likely why he was cool. Either that or was shaking in his tennis shoes and did not want to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodnight my friend-going to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only in the "Land of Dorothy" can they make something exotic like bamboo, come off as CORN!, I have shown this video to several people and asked them what is that plant behind these two farm people and they all said, in various in carnations from "That's corn" to it looks like some corn field" and when I told them it was "Bamboo in Kansas", one said, "Bamboo in Kansas??? thats just wrong" to "The Poor Bamboo, being in that corn dirt mutated it!!!", Thank for the chuckle you two LOL!!!

    Cam was so calm because he lives in a country full giant monsters that on occansion pop up and lay waste to Tokyo. a tornado is nothing for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAAAA I love laughing first thing in the morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this tee shirt online that I thought (YOU!) about getting for Cam, it had a Godzilla on it.. and it said...


    "Godzirra!!"


    heh heh heh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ROWRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

    Where's the bacon?!?!??!

    ROWWRRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree it does look like corn! LOL

    Glad your having fun, and really glad that the tornado was indeed just a drill.... not part of the American experience anyone hopes for when they visit from far away....

    Have fun you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lauging is good first thing in the AM but then so are a few others things, but being in mixed company here, I will TRY and maintain some good taste and keep them to myself,...I will just think of them ...quietly ...to myself...... and someone from my hunk of the moment blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are the two Japanese monsters that even still creep me out today, I think because it was more actor in heavy make-up with their eyes showing which made it more unsettling and still alot of fun..........http://augustragone.blogspot.com/2008/05/eijigarg_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You bet your ass I went somewhere else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad that you two finally got to meet in person. I haven't had beignets in years but now I'm craving them....

    ReplyDelete
  21. An apple fritter is a good subsitute, besides CAM shouldnt be eating those things, their full of CARBS!!!, it will destroy his "pork purity" =)

    Speaking of PORK, while visiting my sister yesterday in Burbank, we stopped at a Kansas City BBQ that had recently opened by a guy who grew up in KC ( he wanted to bring his BBQ yumminess to the SO CAL and thank God he did) His shredded pork was SO good, they even made home made sweet potato fries. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The beignets were gooooooood.......

    ReplyDelete
  23. There ONLY good in New Orleans...its just not the same anywhere else

    ReplyDelete
  24. There ONLY good in New Orleans...its just not the same anywhere else

    ReplyDelete
  25. We thought they were awesome... and The Hot Neighbour ate an entire plate of six beignets that we took over to him! So... I'd say that 8 people definitely enjoying them (cooked by Scooter, the chef) makes a quorum. Thanks again, Tornado!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey y'all! This is the first I've really been able to get online for more than 2 minutes - I've been helping my sister move into her now home! :D

    Glad you enjoyed the beignets! How did you like the coffee??

    Take care of you! I'll be home tomorrow so I can really read, watch, etc. BE AWARE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do you know how fattening those are all the carbs!!!!, your bacon purity has now been comprimised , youd best start a week long purge to get yourself back to the way you were , Hahahahaha!!!!!! who knows you could be in the beginning of intestinal woe as we speak. Ewwwwwww!!!!
    Well I'm sure you have been eating better there then you have been in Japan and trying various BBQ's and other things, Im glad your trying things like Beneight's and they do go good with coffee, hopefully after the good feeding your probably getting I hope its taken away some of the gaunt you had before you left!

    ReplyDelete