Thursday, June 12, 2008

SUN & BUG: Repel Soft Unscented Insect/Sun Block 15

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
Years ago when I first started mountain biking here in Japan, I found out very quickly how BAD the "buyo" and the horseflies really are. So I imported Jungle Juice (100% Deet) from REI as the insect repellant they had here in Japan couldn't even scare off a quadruplegic mosquito.

But then summer hit, and at the higher altitudes, with an oil-based excellent insect repellant (that Jungle Juice is awesome), the sun's rays, with the high temperatures and the high humidity were perfect combinations for great sunburns and heat exhaustion.

So I needed to put on a sunblock as well.

I found, much to my chagrin, that insect repellant followed by sun block (or it's reverse) did not work as the two pretty much inactivated each other, or melted themselves off my skin. I had a conundrum.

That was until I discovered this amazing Sun & Bug product by Repel. As a combination insect repellant / sunblock (SPF 15), in a non-scented cream format, it solved all of my problems.

Now on the cloudy, cooler days I use the Jungle Juice 100% Deet (I imported 12 'bottlettes' of the stuff), and travel bug-free up and down the mountains. And when the sun shines, or in the hotter weather, I slather on the Sun & Bug and completely avoid any bugs or sunburns from the high(er) altitude sun's rays.

With this stuff on, my skin actually feels cooler, and doesn't overheat as it does with oily bug juice or nothing at all.

For only $5.95 at REI for a 4Oz bottle, I'm flying through the killer insects that continue to thrive in Mother Nature's bosom!

Here's the link if you want to try it out for your gardening, or outdoor life: http://www.rei.com/product/618163

I love you!
Cam

3 comments:

  1. Not enough SPF for this white girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!

    If i don't find that i'll get the froggy stuff.

    i've seen that in stores.

    ReplyDelete