Monday, February 1, 2010

Waylaid By Pixie Dust!

The train has been stopped... somewhere... for a long time now. We should have gotten back an hour ago but they are still inspecting the lines from the snow that started as we were pulling into Kobuchizawa. The latest announcement was that it will take some more time before they can start the train again... and its getting HOT in here...

I guess when we make it back I will just have to go directly home, skip the sento, cook dinner at home at midnight then have a shower after.

Its almost humourous to me because at this point where I am now there is no more than maybe 5cm out there. But that's the way it is in places where it never snows. Nothing is set up to handle it. Now if this were Fukui we would be laughing at those wimps in Tokyo for their entire systems to shut down at a mere 2-3 inches of powdered sugar like that you find on those mini doughnuts in the supermarket...

But here I am stuck.

Tomorrow is going to be a bitch in the trains as so many of the lines will be shut down or delayed... that means mine, which runs underground most of the way will be bursting at the seams as people do their best to cram themselves into the sardine cans...

The trials and tribulations of living on this side of the country...

I'm hungry. McProtein lasts but 10 hours is pushing it.

Ah the announcement said that we are over two hours delayed... and we still have to do safety checks at every station. I may not be able to get home tonight as my last train from Shinjuku is not that late...

Life... oh life.....

I love you!

8 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuugh >.< That is just NOT cool. Craziness abounds! I'm sorry.. hopefully you can get some food soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeep! Very happy that today was my day off. I stayed on the hot carpet with my PJs on all day, playing video games. Hope you get home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a Kmail from Cam. He’s still stuck on the train :-(

    He didn’t say how far from home, but we’ll not hear from him anymore til he’s home, as his phone battery is dying.

    Thinking of how hungry he must be is the hardest. Otherwise, i know he’d think little of the "ordinary"(?) inconvenience of such a horrible situation.
    I hope when and if he gets home he doesn’t plan on going back to work until he’s had a good rest.
    But we know our Cameron.. the stalwart, loyal, worker bee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how long it takes for a hungry person to resort to cannibalism...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... Mother nature at her best toying with us, reminding us that no matter how advanced we are, such as a place like Tokyo... SHE is forever in charge.... Do not despair, but remember to take the moments such as that as a opportunity to slow down (yea I know literally)... and if you had your kindle, read a little, ponder a little, think about the meaning of life, love and friendships... make some small talk with someone... you get the idea.

    Do you remember JI, and his ordeal in the NYC airport just about 4 years ago? I remember it well... but it made a great video documentary.

    FYI for future incidences of "reminders" by mother nature, pack something always in your bag. I keep a little bag of almonds ALWAYS... cause when the need to feed hits we carnivores, its a very BIG NEED. So be prepared. Nuts don't spoil and now you can get them in the individual snack packs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gotta watch out for that Pixie Dust, it gets you every time your not lookin.

    I am beginning to believe you have a hunger problem by the comments left by others, this could get serious you know? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't leave a comment right now as I am kind of hungry.

    ReplyDelete