Monday, May 17, 2010

Every Thought's a Chain Reaction

When I think about rain, I think about singing,
When I think about singing, it's a heavenly tune.
When I think about heaven, I think about angels.
When I think about angels, I think about YOU!

What are your thought triggers?

What chain reactions do you get when ordinary things in your life cause your mind to activate, and bring back memories? They may be good, they may be bad, but more than likely they simply are.

In my note that I retitled, Paula asked me a nifty question that triggered a bunch of thought reactions, or triggers in my mind: "What are your thought triggers, Cam?"

I am sure that everyone has their own triggers that bring back memories of people and events. I would love to hear what some of YOUR thought triggers are. What chain reactions go on in your mind when you think about something?

Here are a few of my thought triggers:

* Wine bottle corks make me think of Jen.
* Converse sneakers make me think of Stefnee
* BWs make me think of Scott (ooh!)
* Dog cookies & Japanese postmen on scooters make me think of Paula
* Sandy beaches make me think of Kayak

I could list a whole slew more, but I have to put on some clothes now and get ready for work. (Writing a blog in the buff is kinda fun!)

Here is a song by Jaime O'Neal called "When I think about Angels". I love this song.

And I love you!

Cam

10 comments:

  1. Well dog cookies are not sweaty balls at least.....

    But like I mentioned in your other post, EFA's, chopstixs, Steve Nash, humidity, are some of the main ones... oh misters on the patio, and there are other triggers as well... I just cant think of them at this moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... when it's raining, you won't find me complaining!


    Love YOU Wouk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring flowers remind me of being back home and planting them for Mom & Dad.
    Sandlewood incense reminds me of my husband.
    Polo cologne reminds me of an ex-boyfriend.
    Children's laughter reminds me of my kids.
    The smell of wood smoke in the distance reminds me of camping.
    Penguins remind me of my Mom & JohnO RIP).
    Bath tubs remind me of you....*snickers*
    Rolling water reminds me of Kayak.
    Weaved rugs reminds me of Steph.
    A great massage (which I have not had one in a l-o-n-g time) reminds me of Jen & the ex-hubby.
    Tornadoes and rain remind me of Stephen
    Honestly, I could go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle... I know the cologne memory...

    it's funny how, I can be walking somewhere.. a store, the mall.. wherever... and someone's cologne just zings you back to a certain place or time.... connected to a memory... it seems to jog my senses more than a photo ever could. It's like..... the brain never forgets the association.

    I'm always taken by surprise when that happens. Leaves me with my breath shortened, my heart fluttering and a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that song....

    Like you, I have a lot of triggers....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Givenchy PI EDT is absolutely fucking amazing for doing that... even to me! I don't notice it during the day (though it seems to turn many women's heads in the crowded trains). However, after the gym when Im done my shower, comprehensive shaving and soak in the heavenly Japanese bath, as I am putting my work clothes on to get home (if I could go home w/o doing that I'd be happier but...) the PI scent infused in my clothes makes the bees of my knees weak, tremble and shudder...

    My PI has got to be the best perfume I have ever found to date (first given to me many years ago as a BDay gift from our Daydreamin!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that the cologne you sprayed on your note when you sent kimonos?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle - the one and only, yes indeed! What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG-I love it!!!!
    I still have the note you sent me and it still smells of you. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete