Friday, May 21, 2010

Just called Toshiba and they are going to pick my Baby Dynabook up at 10am tomorrow morning. I'm past warranty, so costs will be a few hundred dollars because they charge an inspection fee ($125), plus parts. One fan is about $40, and the main fan is about $220 so it might all come out to too expensive to repair if the total repair cost is above getting ... a new machine. Or maybe I'll just live with PhoEeebe and do everything from her. That would be a challenge methinks (would have to get an external keyboard). But it is worth having it checked out because I don't want to lose this if I don't have to. It's a great computer, as everyone who has ever owned a Toshiba Dynabook knows... But fans are "shomohin", or parts that wear and tear normally like brakes and tires of a car so need to be replaced in time. That's expected.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, Cam. I get really attached to my computers...it's like pulling the plug on a really, really good friend.
    *Sending healing thoughts to you both.*

    ReplyDelete