Monday, May 11, 2009

Holy Crap My Legs are Long & Skinny!!

Well... that wasn't the original title for today's thoughts. I had planned something more eloquent or elegant, something like, "What a Big Fat Pig!"

But then I looked at the photo I took of myself in the mountains today (with a precariously balanced clamshell cell phone perched on my bike parts) and even I was shocked by my own legs! If somebody who didn't know me saw those stilts, they might seriously wonder if I don't have some bizarre muscle-devouring disease that makes them look so ... gaunt! GAWD!

Anywhoo...

Today I spent my latest "full time job" which is spending the entire day looking for work. I had an interview with a recruit company (in Japan, in Japanese, for the Japanese market) who just needed extra info for my registration, as well as explain to me the "rules of engagement".

I decided to pay my translator that I use to outsource translation work (yes, I'm a "translation company" and no I don't do it myself - are you crazy??) to translate my current English resume which I need to submit to the recruit company. I had to do a lot of other online stuff with them as well.

I worked on a few other angles, took breaks and stuff, and then finally the heat and humidity got to me.

So I changed clothes and at 5.30 got on my bike and rode up to Thinking Rock. This is a picture of me sitting on Thinking Rock. I know I know I know you may not be able to see the rock for the legs, but try hard. It is under my bony arse.

It was a good ride, I did a lot of deep breathing, and calmed down my semi-spinning mind. The weather was perfect, the bugs were not bothering me.

And... on the way down... while I was doing very relaxing deep breathing and screaming down the mountain at break-my-neck-if-I'm-not-damn-careful speeds... I turned a corner just in time to see...

the most GINORMOUS wild boar I have EVER seen! OH MY GOD! It was HUGE! GARGANTUAN! (make a great pig roast...) It was about as tall as my bike frame (Stephanie knows how huge it is but nobody else here), and a meter (3ft) wide! I'm not kidding, it looked like a monstrous giant "tawashi" (traditional Japanese scrubbing brush:
http://tinyurl.com/ot2mro) on legs!

As soon as we met it turned around and barrelled into the forest, down the mountain and was gone. But I got to enjoy it for several seconds as it trotted down the road into the forest.

For the rest of the ride home I continued my deep breathing, relaxing, sporting a huge cheesy grin and repeating over and over,

"Thank you for this glorious day, Universe. I appreciate everything you bring to me. Thank you so much. I love you!"

Wow.... that inoshishi (wild boar) was really the biggest boar I have ever seen!
Wow.... my legs are skinny.
And long!
Especially those damn shins!
Now you know how much it hurts when THESE shins cramp. There's a lot of muscle going on under the skin of these babies.

I love you!

Cam

17 comments:

  1. Well... go eat some pasta...or something to grow a little fat layer or something besides that skin... stretched over taught muscle..attached to bone.

    You're like the cadaver study videos we watched in massage school.Such well defined muscles. But not any ... soft parts...hee ... i like soft parts.

    um... well... for the most part... uh.... never mind!

    Glad you had a good day, SweetMou.

    No picture though... too bad. But at least YOU got to enjoy meeting him/her.

    Sleep well, Sweety.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))) love the thoughts!!!sending you one of my legs huge mothers they are lol love to youx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all works out for you in the job department.
    Sometimes, I wish I had a thinking rock....oh, wait, I do....it is called the couch I pushed out on to the balcony. I digress.
    Don't you just love communing with the Universe...skinny legs and all?
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so going to title one of my blogs "I have fat knees"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO @ Deb....

    Mine will be "i have skinny ankles".. hehehe...

    Ditto what my girl, Carrie says!

    Love you mucho, Mou!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...let's not discuss what title my blog would be.
    I just finished working on it..shrinking and toning it, that is. My entire body. Feels great!

    'night!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm... I love your shrunken toned entire body!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen - Yeah, but your skinny ankles are damn sexy, hot, cool, amazing and everything else that goes in between them!

    I remember noticing the svelte shape of your ankles (didn't notice a damn thing else) in PR whilst you and I would wander around the beach or go for walks... and I thought to myself... "well, when her husband makes love to her, I know where he starts from!"

    Nice day... nice thoughts. Have a great evening.

    I love you!

    P.S. Don't cough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't cough, but i did have to swallow a chunk of burger whole... damn you, Cameron!

    It's a good thing I/we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you swallow a burger whole. Must have been a white castle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a chunk, Rach...

    I had just taken a good bite and read Cam's ... umm... compliment.

    No way White Castle... Is that stuff reallt meat?

    EWWW....

    ReplyDelete
  12. my uncles made jokes about white castle burger size when I was a kid. Can't say that I have ever tried them though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thay don't call them "sliders" for nuthin...

    Greasy little mystery meat things slide right down your throat...

    Then do lord knows what kind of damage once they hit your stomach.
    Let's just say McDonalds, no matter what you think of them are 1000 times superior.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for letting me know. now I know Never to try one just for the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ewww
    white castle
    it has got to be 6 am and i have to be STILL drunk before we can stop there

    ReplyDelete