Saturday, May 16, 2009

Meet PhoEeebe, My New Hot Taiwanese Babe

No long story tonight; I just want to quickly introduce you to my new love interest:

Meet PhoEebe, my new mini-notebook, made in Taiwan.

It is an Asus HA900 with 160GB hard drive, Intel Atom Processor, 1GB memory (can take up to 2GB), built in speakers, mic and webcam, built in Wi-Fi (they all do these days so no biggie). It runs Windows XP which I am glad about (because Vista is not all that great it seems). And it is fast! The startup and shut down is faster than any other computer I've owned. It is quieter than my Toshiba (the Atom processors use energy differently so the heatloss is a lot less, i.e. less fan sound). And the battery life, although they claim 5hrs, I still get about 4hrs on one full charge which is way more than any other notebook I've owned.

They come in three colours (I think): pearl white, black and pink. I got the pink one just because I'm tired of the standard computer colours and I wanted something sexy, not masculine. Imagine the eyes turning in Starbucks when I whip out my pink mini-notebook and put it on the table next to my coffee! Ahh...

You can check it out (or buy it) from Amazon.com for a really good price in the USA. They have a much more detailed description of this baby than I'm giving with a lot of good reviews at the site as well.

Do I need another notebook? No. So why did I get it? Because I. am. a. technology. geek. Period.

And I wanted to see how well a $300 computer would run.

And it runs! It kicks ass, actually.

It has more HD storage than my $2500 desktop replacement Toshiba Dynabook (which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE), and is uber easy to carry around with me. In fact, it is smaller than a lot of hardcover books.

It is very light @ about 1.2kg (2.5lbs). Even the power cord and that annoying ginormous power box that goes with notebooks is miniaturized so transport is more painless than anything I have experienced. One thing I have always hated about traveling with notebooks is that they end up being an entire piece of luggage on their own. Not anymore! I can even slip this in my backpack and write my thoughts deep in the mountains if I so desire.

Sure the keyboard is tiny, and because I'm a 10 finger blind typist (and pretty fast) I hit a lot of double keys at the same time, but that's minor. The purpose was not to write billion character blogs, or essays or MBA research papers. Nope. The purpose is to have something small that I can take with me easily, or travel with and connect with YOU!

This would really be an awesome computer for kids because they have smaller fingers than we do

 

I love PhoEeebe.

And I. Love. You!

Cam

18 comments:

  1. all that for 300 bucks huh?.......Can you buy me one for my bday in October?......Is there no place in Japan to get a haircut these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, S!

    Leave his hair alone.

    And i get the birthday present first... i'm in October too... and he knows the date!
    So ... me first!

    Nice new toy, Ya techno geek!


    More like Toy Whore ... typical to your species.....

    MEN!

    pfffttttt ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was lusting after a mini book in Staples the other day. now i may spring for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that's the same one my father just got. He's been having a blast Skypeing me from all over the Southern Hemisphere. Hope it brings you loads of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does it I must have one, that's affordable and cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fantastic! It eliminates external headsets and webcams for one.. that's huge in itself though the sound is apparently a little tinny. But we can live with that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Mac.

    I've always had those features.

    Not sayin i know how to use them all...

    Bur i gottem... hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not for 300 frikkin dollars you don't!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet...I'm sure that Ms. J.E.A.L.O.U.S. down there just had a full-on geek-gasm. Good thing you didn't have that a few months ago...it might have been confiscated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scooter - I'm sure I'd be still innocently looking high and low for it to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe that teeny keyboard will interface with your gigantic banana hands.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's the delicate, pianist like fingers, Rob.

    I know he does really well with them.

    Great hands Cam...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ..... sigh...
    Cameron.....








    Even better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pffft... see how he traded up for a newer, slimmer model?!?!?!


    LOL very nice Cam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Younger, fresher, sexier, too!
    Gotta keep you girls on your toes!

    Thanks, Deb!

    ReplyDelete