Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Globalized Love(ly) Knick Knacks

Mayu and I collected a LOT of stuff over the 20 years I have been here in Japan. In fact, we used to have most of it displayed in the old house here and there around the place. We loved and cherished it all! But since we moved to this lovely home which is much smaller, a good majority of it has been in boxes in the closets for the entire five years!

As the closets are pretty jam packed full, I have been going through them and doing a lot of cleaning out. I don't want to throw away all of these little knick knacks, but realize that an "osusowake" (passing along gifts, or "re-gifting" as it is known in N.A.) might make for a great way to keep the Globalized Love Community concept alive and well!

What I would LOVE to do is send them around to the world to YOU, my friends, who might like something little from me, filled with copious quantities of Globalized Love. That would give me the greatest pleasure to know that a piece of me is sitting on some mantle, or in some china cabinet, or chewed on by some teething baby somewhere in the world. I love you guys, and I love our connection.

A lot of what I have is little gifts mailed to us by my parents, relatives and such over the decades here and I would like to share them with you; most of the stuff is NOT Japanese. We have been living here so long we don't think of going around and collecting Japanese stuff. It would be like living in ... Stefnee, Kansas and decorating your entire house with everything from... Stefnee, Kansas!

What I propose, is this:

If any of you out there would like me to send you something (I won't be telling you what it is, so it will be a surprise), send me a PM with your REAL name, address, postal code and I'll shoot it off in the post with a personal memo... just from me! *swoon*.

I really would love to do this.

I have a favour to ask and this is TOTALLY voluntary....

If you would like to send a few dollars to my PayPal account (intrmarket@yahoo.com) to help offset the postage costs of me sending something filled with my unconditional love and admiration to you anywhere in the world, I would be grateful. I wish I were a white collared criminal with infinite funds easily accessible by me through Credit Suisse (and not yet busted), but alas poor Yorick, I am not. You can log into PAYPAL from this link.

Anywhoo, if you like this idea, then let me know! And if you can log into your Paypal account and shoot me a few dollars to help out with my expenses to send my love to you, I would love that too.

I love you!

Cam

P.S. I wanted to put that cool DONATE button on this blog like Sheila did on hers... but I found out that unless my account is an NPO account, the DONATE function is not available for Japanese accounts. That means I have to do this the BFI way, and get you to go and log in, then fill in everything manually. And I do apologize for that. *bows low*

3 comments:

  1. What a nice idea!

    Hope you can send a little piece of Mou to all of us friends.

    I want sumthin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methinks your WITWISL blog kind of knocked this one off the radar, sweety.

    P'raps a reposting might be in order.

    A good idea like this shouldn't get lost.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - It's in the post! I hope you enjoy getting a piece of me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete