Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"Miss Doh"! *insert simpsonean forehead-slap soundtrack*

I decided to get out today so I rode a whopping 6km/3.5mi to Funabori Stn. It goes .hinozaki --> Mizue --> Ichinoe --> Funabori ... --> ... Shinjuku. I decided to be advebturesome and mess with my bikenavi's mind by NOT taking the routes she recommended. I made her work for her juice. (I just hope she doesn't rebel and power down before I get home!)

So I just rode. Khakis, walking desert boots, regular sweater, army jacket, gloves and helmet. I just don't like cycling without a helmet... it feels like driving with no seatbelt and the doors open if you can imagine the insecurity...

And here I sit at the Mister Donut (Misdo in abbreviated Japanese) having a coffee. There is nothing here to do but that's OK because the DO was to get out and ride (no spandex nothing neon anything). Then I get to ride back in the dark with a teeny blinker front and back ... (refill)... and unable to see my bikenavi (lucky she has a sexy voice for guidance).

It is dark here before 17:00 in the winter and that means the temperature will drop quickly but I'm prepared because I brought some other warm stuff in my pack. I may LOOK like I have no inkling about cycling by the way I dress... but looks can be deceiving. Ever seen those extreme skiing videos? Some of those guys look like they were just pulled out of a McDonalds!

I guess I will read my newspaper and then head home. It was a brief adventure but nice to do... I just wish there were more wild boars and real trees around...

This is my first XMas entirely alone in 44 years... wow... I hope you have a much more exciting Christmas than I'm having!

Merry Christmas, eh!

I love you!
Cam

5 comments:

  1. I'll call your billion hugs and raise you.... one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Cam! Your with the best company... yourself! Being alone is not a bad thing, we just have to learn to like ourselves.....

    That's a great story about your bike ride, and its so true...looks an be deceiving! BTW I did my first line drill today since I was in Jr. High.... the coach of Reeds sons basketball team asked if I wanted to participate since I had been sprinting up and down a hill the whole practice trying to get in exercise today.... and so I took him up on it AND to my joy and surprise I started out slow as it took me a moment to remember WHAT a line drill was. BUT after remembering I not only caught up to everyone. Everyone being, the coach and his helper, and a bunch of 6 year old boys who don't count even though I beat them..LOL ... I was racing the two adult athletic MEN. AND I WON....HA! I forgot how much I like competition like that.... and the thrill of winning..... I don't think they were expecting that from me, but I showed them that looks can be very deceiving....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all I need are full body hugs from my Goddesses and Christmas would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete