Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kasai Rinkai Koen, or Another Soaking Wet Fun Ride

I'm getting ready for riding in Fukui/Ishikawa next week. It is still the rainy season there and that means about five days a week it rains. It looks like it is going to rain all weekend, for that matter. So I will be "washing the grit and grime of humanity from me with Mother Nature's Soap". I'm looking forward to it.

Last Sunday I took Megumi for a ride on my bike. It was supposed to be an overcast day, with 0% chance of rain. That means, in Tokyo, it does. not. rain. But it poured on the way home.

Today was another 0% chance of rain. Well, that didn't hold out, either. So on the way home from Kasai Rinkai Park (see a little bit about the park by following that link) it poured. Luckily this time I was not riding on gravel, so rinsing my bike off was easy, drying it up nicely was a pleasure, and oiling everything was my dream come true.

It is the rainy season here in Japan, so the weather can change very quickly. And today it did. It was overcast during the day, but the humidity was low, the temperatures not hot, and rather pleasant.

When I arrived at the sea, the wind was frothing up waves, and the rain started to fall after about 15 minutes of sitting there, getting bit in strange places from an ant that got into my clothes.

I'm home now, and all squeaky clean and oiled up like my bike so I should be ready to go tomorrow to Kobuchizawa (rain all day there, too).

Ahh.... the rainy season. Everyone on Tokyo-side complains about the rain, but I love it. It keeps the dust down. And for a boy who comes from farm country, that's a big plus!

Have a great Sunday, a great week, and we will talk with you after Mother Nature has her way with me next week!

I love you!

Cam

1 comment:

  1. The raining season is always welcome or should be... it washes and makes everything fresh and new. Its started here in AZ too this week we had our first good drencher. But the trade off is humidity AND HOT temps... but its still worth it for the change.

    ReplyDelete