Sunday, September 12, 2010

It Pays to Ask, or If you don't ask the answer is always NO.

As newusual, I stopped at my 500 yen setmeal lunch place on the way up the stairs out of Shinjuku Station. Lunch was good as usual, though it took a few extra minutes to arrive. The place had more hungry businessmenandwomen than I usually see, but that could be because I arrived a couple of trains later than usual. No matter! I ate, paid and left all in good time. I even had time to go to Dotour Coffe for a 200 yen ice coffee to sip on the train to Kobuchizawa (it's Monday).

Today I decided to ask the server to leave out the bowl of refillable rice as I never eat it. If I can save restaurants a little bit of money then everyone wins. I never ask for a discount and I never expect one. I don't do it to decrease the cost of my meals so for me the price is complete as is without rice.

We imagine my surprise and delight when the person at the register handed ME a 100 yen coin BACK after I gave him my 500 yen coin!

When you share the love and positive energy with people that energy comes back to you. With interest!

What a great day!

I hope your Monday is as good as mine.

I love you!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment