Monday, November 24, 2008

Affirmations from my Desktop


This affirmation helps to remind the mind that we are strong, relaxed, centered and loved. It helps us to take things one day at a time, one NOW moment at a time, even when we are facing turbulence, turmoil, conflict, or disruption in our lives.

It reminds us to breathe..........

The scenery is an early November Autumn day at Eiheiji Temple in Fukui Prefecture (30 minutes from my home). It was too early for the leaves to turn their beautiful colours of autumn, but we could still discover bits and bytes of subtle beauty as we walked peacefully, and mindfully through the temple grounds.

I love you.

When I create my affirmations, I like to place them in a local setting that I am familiar with, one that I like to view regularly as my background image on my computer.

This allows me to take a break, minimize my work, sit back, relax, breathe, and focus on the beauty of my mantras, or affirmations.

To repeat affirmations regularly is the best way that you can re-wire your neural network when there are things in your life that you would like to see differently. It also allows you to be mindful of those around you, even in times of potential stress, or upheaval.

Try it, it works!

I love you!

10 comments:

  1. How do you do this anyway? I know how to get.... like... a scrolly wordy thing across my page.. but only with the generic background.... I'm not so much the TechnoQueen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefnee - All I did was take the background photo into a graphics program, and add words on top of it. Then I saved it as this new image with a new name, and put it as my new background. Simple fare for a simpleton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cha... I don't know what you just said.


    *looks at computer*


    I have a graphics program??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you "adjust" the photos you take for Etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you crop your lovely profile pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Start / Program Files / Accessories / Paint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or download the FREE (not pirated, open source free software) one from www.paint.net. It is awesome software! (and you don't have to pay for it!!!)

    ReplyDelete