Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not so balmy in Bamiyan

Good evening,

Well I did actually get to work today for about 3.33333 hrs. I got one document hand-edited and helped one of the others with their J --> E work. I caught the train back to my station and decided to have dinner at one of the cheap chinese chow chains called Bamiyan. Ill have msguts tomorrow but thats life.

So what kept me from going in earlier as initially planned, you ask? I dont like the idea of my walk in closet being jam paced full of boxes. I like white space and air circulation. Moving to a new place with no possibility of expanding in any way is not pleasant to me. So I spent time looking at storage containers in the hood. Id rather pay to put my extara bikes and unused but essential IMS (my company) archived accounting and books I don't need around etc. away and out of my constant sight.

Then I went for a bike ride to Tokyo Bay at low tide and chatted with some homeless homies under the expressway who live in handmade shanties that are probably warmer than the first house I lived in when I was in Ono City.

I rode around a bit more then headed home. I ate some food, did a load of laundry and opened up all my boxes to find my english-related books (dictionaries etc.) and take them to work (which I did). Then it was 17:00 and I caught the 17:12 train to work. It was quiet so I enjoyed my train reading while sitting down for the 20 min trip.

The bad thing about today is that my hippydippy bag caught on my bike seat and tore the strap/bag stitching almost clear through so now the strap is "hanging by a thread"... Im not going to be able to use it for commuting until I get it fixed *sigh*. I'll miss it as I use it every day wherever I go. It is the only bag in my history that I have never gotten tired of. And the best thing is that it gets better as it "rats out" with age.

Time to give my thumbs a rest and finish my dinner then go home, bring in the laundry, have a shower and get ready for a full day at work tomorrow on the holiday. Too bad we don't get time and a half or double time for working overtime or on holidays. We just get time. Thats OK as I have already amassed an extra day off that I have to take this month.

I love you!

Cam

7 comments:

  1. You need to learn how to sew, Mou.
    Have a pleasant evening and a good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how to sew Jen. But I want this done by machine not hand as Ive torn it before and triple stitched it all by hand once already. It got a good yank this time and i almost fell off my bike in the process of grtting on. It needs a box and an thru it to make it strong.

    Still at Bamiyan sipping coffee as I got another small order from france and had to send a long email in japanese by thumb to my supplier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could take it to a seamstress or taylor if they have those there.
    They are sometimes located in dry cleaner shops... if they have those there.

    Should be an easy fix for them.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to, Deb but i think he's got it taken care of.

    He's got two sources. I'll pinch hit as a third choice if need be.

    ReplyDelete