Saturday, September 26, 2009

Storage King

Thats the name of the 1mX1mX2m high space I just rented for about $30/mo to store all theboxes of books etc., business document archives, suitcases, coolers, sports gear, Etsy obi I haven't sold yet and two bicycles: Storage Oo or Storage King.

It all fit. But I had to do some creative puzzling.

Well it hasn't all gone in yet. I still couldn't pick up my orange mtn bike from my friend's balcony. That will be a challenge.

I waited for the key to come today then caught the trains to Mayu's. We drove to Shinjuku together, I dropped her off about 18:30 Nd drove home. It took me over an hour to get her as traffic was slow going.

Then I loaded up the hallway then the elevator then the inner libby then the oute lobby then Mayu's car, brught everything here and unloaded it. I then carried box by box up to my trunk room (what they call storage here in Japan) and loaded it in. Each box was probably about 50lbs each Nd there were about 12 of those plus smaller ones.

Then I drove back and repeated the entire process over again with a second car load!

Well now I have some white space in my tiny apt and after I move some of the necessary-to-keep boxes out of the den I'll be able to set that up in a semi-finished fashion.

Then all I need to do is get my boxed up workout machine shipped off to NZ! Since I only have weekends and no internet the logistics aspects of this transaction suck. We are getting there. Maybe by November my apt will be completely done. That. would. be. grand.

For now I guess I will go and park Mayu's car for the night then go and create some white space in the fridge where the beer rests. And I. need. meat. I haven't eaten anything since lunch at May's at 3:00 this afternoon.

It's a good thing I don't have skinny legs otherwise I may not have been able to haul all this stuff on my own. Oh... wait a minute...

Thumbing from Mayu's car in the Storage King's unloading space...

Cam

8 comments:

  1. Two hours later... trust you got it all in and are relaxing now or asleep.

    Night, Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... storage tetris. My favourite game.

    I was paying $137AU per month to store my shit, so you've got yourself a steal there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb - 1M x 1M x 2M high. How much space did you have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh probably double that, but still... should have only been $60 for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what I like? The fact that we have to pay a bond of $50 here.

    What the hell can you do with brick walled storage units for gods sake, other than graffiti it... maybe take a sledgehammer to it for fun?

    Silly bastids....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to also. Nd they did a security check on me. I had to pay for "key exchange" also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "white space in the fridge where the beer rests"

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete