Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blue Ocean Illumination

Yukiyo is a Taro Hakase fan. I can understand why because his violin music is simply the best. It's not your typical classical music... he has played for famous musicians all around the world and even toured with Celine Dion. I don't know how to describe it other than to say it is ... Hakase.

Yukiyo and her mom came for a visit today because her mom wanted to see me, and my apartment. We had coffee and cakes and chatted for a few hours. Then we headed out to Shiodome on the Shinjuku line switching at Morishita (2 stops before my station) to the Oedo line and headed to Shiodome (2 stops before Tokyo Tower at Akabanebashi).

Then we went up to the outdoor atrium and watched the most amazing illumination light show I have ever seen! Now I tell you that because I am not particularly a fan of (ho hum) illumination and I've turned down several offers to go and see various ones around the city at this time of the year. But I am sure glad I decided to go with Yukiyo and her mom to see this one!

It was so good that I took a bunch of photos and put them up on my flickr site (slideshow here) and then I continued to make a total of six videos which you can watch any of the six at my YouTube Channel here.

And then we went to dinner!

I don't know if you will like this, love it, hate it or be indifferent because the music is not "North American". I know some NAs who are not fond of this kind of music. But I know some who really enjoy it.

 

Whatever floats your boat, take a look at maybe one of the six videos, and enjoy the photo shoot. I think you'll probably really enjoy that!

I love you!

Cam

2 comments:

  1. I love Hakase!
    Have since you introduced him to me a while ago.
    And it's not that different if you are into music of all kinds as am i.

    Don't second guess your presentations, Sweety.
    Just lay it out there for those who enjoy to enjoy and those who don't... wont.

    I'm glad you got out and had what appears to be an AWESOME time!
    Fantastic!
    going to get coffee and settle in to view the video.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was absolutely stunning, thank you so much for sharing. I watched the slidshow first then watched Blue Ocean 1. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete