Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Cherished Chest of Cheese from Chitaly


In the last week of April Sox agreed to purchase and ship my beloved stravecchio cheese. It's a tricky time of the year as the humidity is rising. If the cheese were to get lost for a month or more (as happened in the past), or got delayed in customs for a few weeks and then stored in a warm place for the duration (as happened in the past) then the cheese quality can be severely compromises.

So it was with great trepidation when we decided to ship it on April 26th hoping it would arrive on schedule after the Golden Week Adventure to Shangri-la. There is a fairly small window for error as I will be heading to Canada for two weeks in a scant three weeks.

Today it arrived, just as I was about to head out to buy an international driver's licence for Canada (I no longer have a Manitoba licence) and the meet The Rock Action Hero for a Farewell Japan tour. Today will be the last time we hug in Japan.

Oh! Earlier I gave my seat in the train I'm in now to an elderly lady. In exchange they just gave me a handful of candies.

Today is a red letter day!

I love you!
Cam

3 comments:

  1. Permenently or just a vacation home?

    Tell your family to dig out your parka. It is still bloody cold. And, in Winterpeg, you may need a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken - "for two weeks" so just a holiday. One week in Wpg and one week in Calgary/Rocky vicinity. As for the cold, let's hope it warms up a trite. I'll buy a lifevest at MEC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Sorry. I need to read more closely. I am too tuckered tonight.

    ReplyDelete