Monday, May 9, 2011

Yahoo!! You May have been Violated!

The other day I wrote about my yahoo account being possibly "compromised". Well, that blog has garnered a few interesting comments over on my WordPress blog.

"I just experienced the same thing today when I tried to log onto my Yahoo account. After changing my password, I checked the recent account activity log (available under Account Info) and saw that someone had logged in twice from Texas in the last 2 days. I live in California :("

And this one:

"The same thing happened to me this morning, May 6. I would like to know how, also."

I have two Yahoo accounts (another I used for work purposes). The other one I could not log into and had to do some major hoop jumping just to get it back. 

It seems to me that these "compromises" are not happening because of what the Yahoo FAQ suggests (our fault), but more likely because Yahoo has been compromised and data has been absconded with (like SONY).

If you have a yahoo.com account, for your own piece of mind, I highly suggest you change the password ASAP. 

I'm wondering if Yahoo is going to come out with a press release stating they had data stolen, or if this will all just stay under the wire?

Back to cooking breakfast and lunch. I love you!

Cam

6 comments:

  1. wow..rushes off to change passwords...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could say, "my pleasure", but in this case, it's not such good news. Anyways, best of luck and keep on fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had someone from NJ log into mine on May 6th when I checked. Nothing a little password update won't fix at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If they are compromised and not taking it seriously then maybe the hackers can get the new data... I think we should all use the link in the account info section and tell yahoo.

    ReplyDelete