Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Out to the Sea and Back


We had another good ride out to the sea, enjoyed coffee and a galette at Uminobozu's coffee shop. The galette was really good: a 100% buckwheat crepe on a plate with ham, cheese, thin slices of tomato and a soft fried egg on top. I should have taken a photo but I was too busy enjoying watching the hot, fit surfer chick squeeze herself out of her wetsuit and then pour fresh water over her bikini-clad body... I think we were looking out over a beach, but I don't recall much beyond the girl.

The ride was the same as Monday but this time I had my cyclocomputer running so I can record the distance of 46.7km and 2hrs 38minutes of riding (total door2door with breaks was 3:55:23).

We enjoyed the bofurin forest along the sea again. The yellow sands of China are not so bad today so the sky was much clearer. I probably would have gotten a good sunburn/tan today but since I have been taking my PEOs for so many years now I rarely get a tan any more as my skin is chock full of the omega fatty acids we require for excellent health.

The futon... well that's a different story. Sleeping on a futon after riding all day leaves me with a locked back the next morning. It is difficult to get dressed, but that's life. Even under normal circumstances futon just don't do it for me any more...

Max dropped me off at the airport and I am about to have an early dinner so we'll catch you in Tokyo again.

I love you!
Cam

2 comments:

  1. Is Max still single? What happened to his girlfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is indeed. He decided that it just wasn't working out. He came to the conclusion that his heart wasn't in the relationship when he realized one day that the reason he was dreading the weekends was that he would have to spend time with her. It sounds like the weekends got hardwired to his discomfort. That sounds very familiar, don't you think? (i.e. dreading cycling due to hardwired link to etc.)

    ReplyDelete