Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day Three - Different Route, Same Distance, Same Time. Interesting!


Today we took a completely different course but surprisingly when we got home we discovered that we were pedaling for the same amount of time as yesterday (3hrs) and covered the same distance (47.5km)! That was a surprise.

The Yellow Dust from China kept everything hazy and it bothers Max' throat a bit it seems. But nonetheless even with our arses and "man-chan no tokoro" killing us from yesterday's ride, out we went for another day in the saddle. Of course the total time out and back (4:38:11) was longer than the pedaling time as we took breaks to pick mountain flowers to fry with dinner tonight, to watch a giant frog, to rest our arses and to take video (yes video!), and generally enjoy life (as always). We even stopped and chatted with a roadie for a bit at our destination, Kenmin no Mori, before firing up the campstove, getting the coffee going and digging into our six boiled eggs, 10 weiners and 10 cherry tomatoes.

We crisped up the weiners on the burner this time and on the way back Max didn't complain about weiner burps once! In fact, this morning he said he wasn't going to eat any weiners today as they gave him the weiner burps. But I guess when he saw me enjoying them he changed his mind. He he he... as if I didn't know that would happen.

I'm heading back to tokyo tomorrow evening but if all goes well we should get in another several hour ride out to the sea again. I changed my tires to skinny 1.5in road tires to enjoy a little less rolling resistance tomorrow. We will see how that goes.

Anywhoo, all in all it was another fantastic day in my Shangri-la. Now it's time for a hot, soapy shower. Anybody want to join me? I'll scrub your back, wash your feet and shampoo your hair...

I love you!
Cam

2 comments:

  1. "weiner burps" made me laugh..


    I'm so using that with the twidgets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let's hope they don't drive you insane with it. I love you!

    ReplyDelete