Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catch The Wave


As I suspected, high-tech cycling socks are AWESOME for working out at the gym, too!

Some of you may recall my "What is Globalized Love?" video I made a few years back. I was sitting on a red camp chair in my back yard with my cycling shoes... when all of a sudden the sole just fell off one of them! Those were NorthWave mountainbiking shoes and I got them in Italy back in 2001. And they were AWESOME shoes. I rode the shitoutof them.

So when I saw these NorthWave red socks in the bike shop on the weekend I had to give them a try. And do they feel good! Faaaar better than ordinary cheap socks, and in so many ways.

If you've never tried cycling or running socks it might be hard to understand, but ust as exercise-specific technical clothing fits, fee. and performs better than streetwear for sports, these socks rock! They breathe. They wick. They don't let the feet heat up in the closed environment of the shoes... they just feel good! So for JPY 1600 I am glad I got them!

Now I can hardly wait to try the JPY 2600 socks I also got! They have a two year warranty on them!

How's that for rocking your socks off, eh?

I love you!

Cam

P.S. Currently JPY 100 is about USD 1.15.

6 comments:

  1. Yea I read that in the WSJ yesterday it was the major story on the front page of the Money section, the JPY is soaring and now almost equal to the Euro.

    Nice socks. Do they come in a more subdued shades for business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering that too, P.
    Thinking you could wear them to work, Cam, since you say how hot your feet get in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately NorthWave is not known for ... subtlety.
    The JPY 2600 ones, however are grey so I could wear those! Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaayyy!!!

    Even though i woul've worn the bright ones anyway...
    Comfort before style, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have enough socks!

    ReplyDelete