Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm NOT a Muggle After All!!




The temperature and humidity dropped from yesterday and it has been raining all day, so I finally had a good sleep, my head is not itchy today and my hair is somewhat straight. Life is good. It's funny how it can be raining and the humidity is down to about 60%. Most people think that because it is raining the humidity is "100%" but such is not the case.

In spite of the rain Megumi and I decided to do some geocaching around Shinjuku. In Shinjuku Gyoen (Park) there are six caches (two in the free space) but because we arrived at closing time we could only confirm that one of them was on the other side of the fence. Log those for next time. If you look back to my Seeking Serenity videos you will find one on Shinjuku Gyoen; it is a gorgeous (and huge) park right in Shinjuku (\200 to enter). We'll be back for those in good weather.

Next we walked to Raiden Inari Shrine and while Megumi zipped off to the restroom I immediately found the microcache where it is supposed to be. I took a photo of the cache in front of the stone pillar with the shrine's name and chatted with the young priest who came out of the shrine after freshening it up and to lock up at 16:30. Megumi returned and showed a long face when she discovered that I had found it while she was away. We wrote in the log, added a little decal and hid it again in its spot with an uni sushi eraser (not in the microcache - too small for that).

Megumi was hungry (I'm always hungry) so we found a Freshness Burger shop (remember that restaurant, Stephanie?) had a bite to eat and headed out for the next challenge.

Next we walked to Shinjuku East Exit and using our GPS homed in on the spot. There were a bunch of muggles hanging around the location so we had to wait a bit. But finally I reached out to where I thought it might be (magnetic) and immedialy my fingers found it! I took the photo of it with the Studio Alta building in the background. We wrote in the teeeeny log book and just as I was about to return it, a woman brought her really drunk boyfriend right to the spot and sat down. I thought he would throw up but he didn't. I had to wait a bit and then I nonchalantly stood beside them. When she was looking at him and he was examining the concrete under foot I stealthily reached above them and put it back.

Megumi looked a little pale but she wanted to challenge the cache hidden at Shinjuku South Exit so we walked around the station and went to the location noted on the GPS. Again Megumi excused herself to find a restroom (apparently what she ate yesterday while out with her friends - yakisoba and takoyaki, tons of carbs doesn't agree with her so well since she started eating less carbs). While she was gone I got really dirty hands wandering around the location and touching, rubbing, poking, prodding anything I could find. Alas, I ended up with nothing but very grimy hands. Then I stood back from myself for a bit and took a different look at the area from a third person perspective... and tried something different. And I found this business card holder in a close but very different spot from what I had originally suspected. Can you see my happy face reflected in the mirror finish? I signed the log and left a little decal with a curry rice eraser, showed Megumi where it was and
put it back in the rain. As we walked away I checked to see if it was visible from a distance; if you know where it is you can barely see it's shape but you have to know exactly where to look and what you are looking for.

Yesterday was one for five but today was three for three.

Now we are havinc coffee at a Segafredo and then will head home for the night. 5:15am comes early.

I love you!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment