Friday, August 19, 2011

Kanda River. Departure


After finishing for the morning at Gotanda I headed back to HigashiNihonbashi for the afternoon. There was a bit of support work to do but I spent most of the four hours packing up my Educational Training Department books and documents for the big move to Gotanda next week.

As I didn't finish until about 18:30 it had turned to dusk but I was determined to find the one geocache in this area. So I changed into shorts and a t-shirt and shorts and headed out.
I had to walk for about 10-15 minutes to get to the location where the cache was supposed to be. Sumida River is one of the very old rivers that the Tokugawa Shogunate used for transportation to and from Tokyo during the Edo period. It is a famous river as it has many bridges crossing it. You can take day and night cruises down this river, starting from Asakusa, and see Tokyo from a totally different viewpoint. In fact, when Mia came to visit me for two weeks we took a cruise; it was a great experience!

The cache was supposed to be at the confluence of Sumida River and Kanda River so I headed there. When I turned on the GPS it took a while to lead me to the right spot, but since I'm getting a bit better at thinking like a hidden cache I was able to find it! It was quite a good spot where it was hidden; muggles would never find it accidentally. I doff my hat to the cacher who hid it!

Here is a picture of the cache with the brand new Sky Tree in the background. That tower is the tallest radio tower in the world at about 660m in height.

Now I'm enjoying a beer and some yakitori in celebration out behind my office. Ahhhhh it was a good day.

Tomorrow I think I'll try that sneaky microcache that is hidden in Shibuya right around the famous Hachiko (Hachi) statue where tons of people congregate. This really is a fun hobby!

I love you!
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment