Saturday, August 13, 2011

One Down, A Half-Million to Go


Megumi and I went bikini shopping in Ginza (found a really good one), geocaching in Ginza* (didn't find =DNF), bumpack huntinting in Shinjuku (discovered a good one for me) and geocaching in Shinjuku (found it!!)

This cache was hidden very well in an extremely popular place (Southern Terrace) with a ton of muggles** around enjoying beer, wine, food and discussion. We had to be quite stealthy getting it out of its location so we could see the contents and write in the logbook. Then Megumi had to run interference while I slipped it back in its location. I added a sushi eraser to the treasure cache.

After that I left Megumi, hopped on a train (Chuo Line) and headed out to Ogikubo to meet Mayu at Akiyoshi's (a yakitori place originating from Fukui). They were closed for two days of summer vacation! So we hopped on the train again and headed over to another one in Nakano (yaaay! open!! - we called first). We spent a few hours chatting, catching up and so on. I told Mayu about geocaching and how since she has a smartphone and her boyfriend is a really outdoor surfer dude kind of guy that she might have fun trying it with him. She seemed interested so maybe something will come of it.

It was nice to find that cache since I have now found three and not found four (Shibuya, Ginza, Edogawa, Gotanda). A good way to spend a bit of the day. There are a lot of homeless men living in the Ginza park where we searched. One fellow was watching me for some time root around in the shrubbery (a glorious word made popular by Monty Python)so I finally went over and explained what we were up to and told him about the concept of geocaching. He laughed and wished me the best of luck.

I love you!
Cam

P.S. **Muggles are what geocachers call ordinary people who have absolutely no idea that there are hons of hidden treasures right under their noses. I have to admit that until I started doing this it never occurred to me that in all these places jam-packed with people there are a ton of hidden things waiting to be discovered!

* This is a photo of the clock tower in the park at Ginza where the microcache we DIDN'T find is located. We plan to go back again and keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment