Thursday, August 11, 2011

Life in the Flame

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no 'brief candle' to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it over to future generations."       

 - George Bernard Shaw

"To serve, and make life enjoyable for others in any way I possibly can. To share my wonderful gifts with the world, and those with whom I interact. To let everyone who desires it, enter my flame, and share my burning desire and love of life, and to gracefully enter the door to the lives of those who wish to have me enter. When I die, I want to die spent, having used all of my energy to improve the love and happiness that flows in the energy and mana of Mother Earth. And with no regrets at all. That is my idea of a full, enriching life."   

- Cameron James Switzer

No comments:

Post a Comment