Thursday, August 7, 2008

Japanese Commemorative Stamps for Summer 2008

This blog has been bothering me all day because it didn't feel right to start it off with, "Does anybody want stamps?" And I have been mulling it over in my brain, so let me add the introduction to make it more of something that I would do, OK? Here we go.

Today was a hot, humid, summer day. I left the house before noon and drove into Fukui to pick up my video camera that I had stupidly used to squash a big wasp against Stefnee's house when I was there (I shattered the LCD and was making videos the entire time with only half a monitor... stupid me. Learned MY lesson, I did). Then I went next door to the recycle shop "2nd Street" but didn't find anything that interested me this time. So I headed on home as I had a few things to do back here.

I made a detour into the drug store on the way home and picked up an eyebrow trimmer for Mayu, some Seabreeze body wash for me (I like the cooling effect of the chemical menthol body wash in summer), some bug "keeper-awayer" for the cat if I can find him again, ZipLoc bags and water. Then I came home and put a package together that needed to go out today.

I hopped on my bike and rode through the rice paddies (which are looking fantabulous by the way, and probably ready to harvest by the end of this month) down to the post office where I updated my bank books (yep, the post office is also the largest bank in the world), and then shipped my parcel off.

As I was standing there waiting to have the enveloped weighed I noticed that the post office was selling their "summer collection" of commemorative stamps. I looked them over and was quite impressed by how beautiful they are this year. I immediately thought that there might be some stamp collectors out there in the world who would appreciate getting their hands on a sheet or six of these particular commemorative stamps for 2008!

Does anyone collect commemorative stamps from around the world?

If you are interested in collecting them, I would be more than happy to go to the post office and get any of the sheets that you like, and mail them to you. So contact me if you are interested and we can work out how to get you what you want!

I love you!

Cam

P.S. Ahhhh.... that's much better. Now it seems much more like a "Camblog" and not just something I tossed up there because I had nothing better to do. Now I can sleep tonight...

 

Hello Kitty 1 (On Sale from 7/23)

Hello Kitty 2 (On Sale from 7/23)

Patlabor (On Sale from 8/22)

Japan China Friendship (On Sale from 8/12)

Hometown Festivals Series 1 (On Sale from 8/01)

Hyaku Nin Issue Traditional Card Game Collection (On Sale from 7/23)

Hokkaido Series (On Sale from 7/01)

Edo-Era Ukiyoe Series (On Sale from 8/01)

20 comments:

  1. I don't collect stamps, but i think the colours and designs are beautiful!
    I even like the cards that the stamps come on.

    And the hello Kitty in those beautiful kimono.... i LOVE those!

    Let me know if there are any marketing posters for the series and if the postal service will sell them... after the campaign, of course.

    Thanks for sharing Mou, and for being so willing to help the collectors.

    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen. Thanks for reading this. The blog has not sat comfortably with me all day so I just modified it if you would like to read the intro again... Now it feels more .... Mou-esque!

    I'll ask about posters for you, sure! I have all the small little things that I scanned for this blog, and there are some small letter size sheets they give out, but unfortunately I didn't see any posters. However... if these were poster size, I can see where you are going... They would be great "pop art posters".

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont collect stamps but they are beautiful...
    I really like the friendship ones...beautifulxx
    yep even these would be nice to print off and have in frames...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mm yup i lik ethe kimono ones too.heck i like em all..nice postxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. next tim eyour passin gthe paddy field will you take some pictures would lov eot see..i enjoy your pics and vblogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jools - Sure. I'll walk out tomorrow morning if the sun is out and take some morning shots for you, OK?

    By the way, these little "mini posters" are 21cm X 14cm and they might look cute in little frames...

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So these aren't the stamps themselves, but marketing posters?

    That'll work then. I'd love something bigger, but this will go nicely on my office walls.. kind of like a travelogue style... or stickers on the steamer trunks like in olden days.

    I'll think about it (and google cms to inches converter) and get back to you.

    Thanks, Mou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jen - Divide the numbers by 2.54 to get inches.

    And if you want a set of these, I'd be more than happy to throw them in an envelope for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was much faster to use google


    As Greg says... you don't have to know anything with Google!

    I'd love it, Sweety.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm.... maybe Google is actually controlled by the government.... if so... are you still as eager to "not know anything but google"? Hmmmm?

    Roger that for the mailing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, doesn't Betty's daughter,Maria collect them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. She does indeed... I wonder if they would like to buy them.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dunno. Maybe a link to this blog and ask her?
    I wuv you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok... how much are these? My friend Kristi (who has cancer, remember her?) LOVES hello kitty!!


    I would love to present her with a sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Stefnee... Just woke up for a pee, and to brush my teeth...
    One sheet is JPY 800 (10 X 80 yen stamps) and the other is JPY 500, (10X 50 yen stamps). Thats like $8 or $5.

    Back, to bed.... to sleep, to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish our stamps here were as pretty as those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy - Ah, but YOU are much prettier than these stamps, so therefore you outshine them!

    ReplyDelete