Wednesday, August 13, 2008

TheFabricGoddess on Etsy!!!


http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5304787
Stefnee has created the most amazing line of bags that you could ever set your eyes on!

For those of you who already have one of her products, you know what I am talking about.

For those of you who don't, ... well, what are you waiting for? Remember we support our Globalized Love Community Members?

Head over to Etsy and take a look at the amazing collection that Stefnee has completed.

I love my HippyDippy bag, and I take it everywhere. I even use it exclusively on my bike to the bank, and even to the river to swim, sun, and snooze and stuff it full of lots of water, books, pens, IC recorder, towels, sunglasses, bronzing lotion, and so much more!

It has a reflector built into it to keep me safe, not to mention three external pockets, an internal divider, and three other internal pockets (one of which is articulated to hold a water bottle!)

Each pocket is lined with vintage kimono material to give it that really exotic, sexy look. And I asked Stefnee to put a couple of belt loops onto the over the shoulder strap so that it could become, as Scooter branded it, my "utility belt"! Now I can hang my sunglasses, my keitai, or a pen there for easy access to my "stuff". I love my utility belt!

The denim is designed to be ultra strong, and yet the edges are pre-worn so they will gently fray with age and become even more specialized as I continue to break it in. I plan on living until I'm 202 years of age, and I'm betting this baby outlives me!

And so it is. This baby rocks!

Really, the craftsmanship (I'm not going to say "worksmanship" because it is above and beyond that) is phenomenal. It really is.

The prices are really fabulous. I tried to convince her to sell them for more because I truly understand the value of these bags, but humble Stefnee, Little Miss "I'm just me", would hear nothing of it! She wanted to keep them affordable for the entire world, not just us white collar bank robber criminal types who people seem to think have infinite amounts of money to toss around. Well, for a project like this, for usable art (i.e. industrial art), and to support my best friends, I would certainly pay above and beyond these prices. Because I know the true value.

Enough of my blabbing; I'm wasting your precious time. Go see for your self, but be prepared to be "verily impressed" by The Fabric Goddess!

Congratulations, Stefnee! I hope that as time goes by, your shop gets more hits, then a few purchases, then a few more, and then you can turn what you love into an at-home business while looking after your family as well! I am so proud of you for getting this going!

I love you!

Cam

16 comments:

  1. Thanks Wouk!! I love you!

    Great photo, by the way.... *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure, Stefnee. I just took it now. It's a bit cloudy, but that prevents me from having to squint. Oh, I was making some updates to the wordy thingy here so you may want to go and take another look and see what I added. And ask Scooter if he thinks it's OK, will you? I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wordythingies make me smile!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bags are pretty cool, but I especially eyed the wagon wheel rug. Wonderful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stefnee - I contacted Etsy to see if I could give you a SHOUT re. your bags, but unfortunately, they only allow feedback on purchases made through Etsy. I really wish I could have done that to help prospects and visitors understand how awesome your work really is. Anywhoo... maybe at some point in the future I'll find something there I want, and then I can rave about everything.

    Haley - Buy it! Buy it! I custom ordered one from her and I'm not letting Etsy take any of those profits! Well, it started before she started Etsy, but those rugs are even more amazing than the bags! Really!!! Grab it ! I swear, you will NOT be disappointed! You will have a piece of her infinite soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. workmanship....craftsmanship....arts-woman-ship, maybe?? ;) She So Totally Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stefnee, I wanna be just like you when I grow up. You are SO talented! Great bags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there, Sister... who you callin' grown up?
    pfft.



    Thanks!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "utility belt"

    well, where else are you going to keep you bat-shark repellant...duh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i gotta say this cam
    i doubt youn will live till only 200
    be realistic my friend
    your essence will go on forever
    you continue to touch the lives of so many
    you are immortal
    in my heart
    in my children's hearts
    i think i can speak for steff and say ditto
    you live forever
    iglu~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie - Thanks, Carrie. I love your compliments. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am starting an ETSY site too. I have to finish a few more things and then we will see what happens. I think that I will have to have Cam start mine up too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rachel.. I started it myself! Cam's just my pimp.

    ReplyDelete