Saturday, August 2, 2008

Snoring Sounding Crystal (Salad?) Healing Bowls

 
Last night Mayu took me to this 40 year old NewAge Wackhead Healer guy in Fukui. His studio was an amazing array of crystals, incense, music, books on everything healing, a ton of copper bowls he uses to vibrate waves into the body for a kind of healing, aromatherapy oils, sticks, hammocks from Thailand, dancing seven headed elephants, and a few Sonic girls on roller skates delivering ice cold root beer to boot! (just kidding).
 
We talked to him for a bit until everyone who had planned to arrive actually did arrive. We had some cold herbal tea that was very good (slid down with ease as many cool herbals do). He laid out yoga mats for us to lie down on the floor, turned down the sea wave background music that had been playing for relaxation, turned down the lights and proceeded to play the crystal bowls.
 
You can see above the crystal bowls that the healer played for an hour. They are designed to emit certain frequencies that the healer then controls with his energy. The sound waves move into the listeners' bodies which are relaxed and supine on the floor. The waves are intended to awaken the chakra points (seven spiritual points of confluence of energy in our bodies) in the body and help the latent energy within, leap forward.
 
Here is a little more information on "Vibrational Healing" for your reference:
 
Quartz crystal singing bowls are one of the most powerful methods for healing on spiritual, emotional, and physical levels. The use of crystal bowls take the principle of vibrational healing through sound to a new level.
 
Quartz is composed of silicon dioxide, a compound that is also strongly present in human chemical structure. Thus, the vibrations of crystal bowls help to "re-tune" us to our own natural and healing vibrations. Like other forms of vibrational healing, such as crystals, flower essences, and Reiki, the tones of these bowls help to dissolve energetic blockages, allowing us to return to balance.
 
The initial effect of playing crystal bowls is to relax the body and mind. Once calmness is restored, the sound frequencies stimulate the chakras, brain, endocrine glands, and nervous system. When we combine the playing of the bowls with focused, positive thought, the results are even more powerful.
 
Mayu says I snored within the first three minutes... she lies! I remember doing deep breathing and meditating and going to my safe space the entire time. I DID NOT SLEEP!
 
Mayu also said that she suffered "kanashibari" which is a common thing here in Japan when people say they awake at night but cannot move their bodies, and feel as if someone is sitting on their chest, pinning them there.
 
The woman next to me said that she felt some energy pour out of the top of her head at a chakra point (sahasrara, or the crown chakra of consciousness).
 
I don't know what the other three people there experienced.
 
When it was done, it took Mayu about another 15 minutes to move again, but as soon as it ended, I was immediately up, wide awake, my senses were activated, and I was perfectly calm and at ease. I got up and turned off my recorder which he let me leave right in front of him for the entire 55 minutes he was playing the crystal bowls. We had some tea, ate some cut grapefruit (he believes that the juice of the grapefruit is very healing), ate some little tomatoes that another person had brought as well as the fruit inside what looked like miniature yellowish Chinese lantern flowers! They were good.
 
We payed a small fee of JPY 1,500 (about $15) each (he discounted it to JPY 1,000 for each of us, saying that gas prices went up so he was helping our visit to him), and went out for dinner, then came home. This morning, both of us were exhausted so the sound waves definitely had some powerful effect on our bodies and minds.
 
Listening to the attached file may not be particular interesting to you as it is the sound of two hands playing a myriad of crystal bowls.... Feel free to stop, or fast forward at any time (I promise it won't hurt my feelings in the least).
 
Also, the waves were there physically, emanating from the crystal, outward into the room and into our bodies. These waves apparently physically affecting the chakra points (coinciding with major endocrine glands in the body) so that will be again, very different from what I recorded.
 
If you wish to hear what we experienced, feel free to download this sound file, put it on, then lie on the floor, relax, get comfortable, take off any tight jewelery, clothing (zzzziiipppp), and get ready to be at ease, to practice your breathing for 43 minutes. You may just find that it has a positive effect on your mind, on your soul, and on your chakra!
 
All in all it was an interesting experience. I hope I can have many more of these new experiences as I move into the next NOW moments of spirituality and growth.
 
Wait until you see what I have next for you!
 
Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................
Baconnnnnnnnnnnn..................................
 
I love you!

Cam 

P.S.    Carrie, you asked me in a blog comment how I keep from wanting to rip people's heads off... This is one way that I have been working on since January of this year. Repeating my meditation over and over and over until it becomes a peaceful second nature and allows me to live in "the gap", or that space between thinking, and acting. I might also recommend creating a mantra, or affirmation that reaffirms exactly what you are (i.e. what you want to be) as opposed to all the things that drive you nuts and lead you to lose control when you allow your buttons to be pushed. At the same time you take this peaceful time you may want to practice your breathing while you do it, imagining a swinging gate moving in.... and out........ and in ..................... and out................. in the breaths you take, in harmony with your breathing (until you fall asleep and start snoring with your mouth wide open, sucking in flying Oregon cockroaches.)

30 comments:

  1. sounds excellent..wasnt sure where the dwon load was..is it highlighted ion page ill be back..ommmmmmmmmmm hugs jooooslx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules... go to the bottom of the blog where it says "Attachment". It's right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a telling detail that the pineal gland corresponds, on the surface of the skull, to the centre of the spiral of hair growth. Granted, it's not as visible in women, but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assentia - Have you ever experienced this? I'd like to hear if you or Tez have....

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks i got it now im listening smilesxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to a therapist, but I have developed my own meditation practices. I like exploring the nature of my rock collection (excellent workout for the third eye), shunting excess energy much in the way pagan friends call grounding, or escaping into the 'safe house' that my Silva Method training has taught me to create when the going gets tough. The chakras can be felt, if you pay attention, but each one's perception of them is bound to be different.

    As for my other half, well, he's said that he can get into a trance through a simple backrub, but he'll have to be more specific himself, if he feels so inclined.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent blog and what a wonderful experience for you. Funny, I just bought a set of chakra stones (hand picked by me) 2 days ago. I wanted to choose my own stones, not rely on a kit.

    1st chakra - Hematite
    2nd chakra - Orange Calcite
    3rd chakra - Yellow Jasper
    4th chakra - Jade
    5th chakra - Sodalite
    6th chakra - Lapis Lazuli
    7th chakra - Amethyst

    Yesterday I went to the library to pick up some books on making findings, etc. for my jewelry and I found a book entitled Chakra Power Beads by Dr. Brenda Davies. It's full of excellent meditations and all sorts of other goodies.

    Singing bowls are very cool. I also like bells.

    Ever had Reiki done? I highly recommend it. If you do, take Mayu with so she can tell you what happened to your body. Amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking in to see if i have internet connectivity. It seems i do.. for now (it's Linksys, which can be iffy).

    this is awesome, Mou!
    I have had Chakra healing but not like this.
    I would love to experience this.

    I 'm going to download the sounds and listen later.
    I'm alone now so i'm going to settle in and enjoy.....

    Tha SEA and the SOLITUDE!!!!


    Ohmmmmmmmmmmm....

    I love you!

    Later, my peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't need no Wackhead Healer guy.

    (but the Sonic girls can bring me plenty o' chakra...)

    ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steffers,

    Did you mean the "attachment," or the "appendage..??"

    Just wonderin'

    ~grin~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the sort of thing I enjoy trying. I've downloaded and will listen later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe in all types of healing...my daughter does reiki...great stuff...into crystals angels cards,incences etc...good read...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Right-click on the link and choose "Save link as" to download to your computer. I did and I am going to relax to it some time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Robin.. I'm doing that now... I'll let you know if it works...


    oo it worked!

    I'm gonna put it on my mp3 player and listen to see if Cam is snoring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I truly want to go to Japan. I have my lottery ticket - if it's a winner the String Bean won't know what hit him...

    ReplyDelete
  16. we could go together!! Throw him for a loop!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and me together would throw Cammy Pants into a different dimension.

    I want to "talk" to his neighbor....How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd flirt with the neighbor.

    Win him over with my charm...

    and a toss of my blonde curly locks..

    ReplyDelete
  19. ok.. I have this playing as I'm surfing around her chatting with RHG... and... it's making... me....

    groggy..........

    and..........

    dozey............


    and.....





    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're sleeping???

    Dang.

    I was going to talk about how we could throw Japan into a tailspin...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been having tinnitus and some dizziness the past couple of days. I went to bed with it last night and woke up fine this morning. I was fine all day. All of the sudden when I heard the low hum of one of the bowls, it started again. It was the same exact pitch and is really screwing me up right now. I'm typing almost cross eyed because I don't dare get up from my chair right now. I so wish I could enjoy this great healing and relaxation. Maybe another time...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tornado - I'm sorry to hear that, really. Take care of you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Does each pitch have anything to do with a certain chakra point? That low pitch hum gets me every dang time right now! It's the same pitch that my tinnitus was yesterday (right side of my head/right ear). So I don't know...I think I may need to look into this more.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You may want to, actually. And maybe it's a good indication to find where that pain is induced, take a look at the corresponding place on the image I included, then go to a doctor and see if they can look into something there. This is interesting!

    Maybe you just need to lie down, close your eyes, breathe and go through the pain focusing on healing thoughts, and focusing on moving the energy in your body to "massage" that area with your own energy.

    This is very interesting! Keep experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cam - this sounds awesome! Was it loud in the room? It almost sounds like machinery of some sort as well. Me and my middle child (5yr old) got down on the rug in the den in our jammies and listened to this. I would TOTALLY pay $15 to experience this in person.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can say with confidence that the entire room was filled with the reverberations of these crystals. Steal it if you like, and play it whenever you need relaxation if ti works for you, Amy! Thanks for listening!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Quartz is quite amazing
    pressure mass sensitive, its current and occilation are constant to amount of relative pressure.
    Amazing as well are the much maligned crystal skulls,
    its power overall, is still unknown

    ReplyDelete