Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Air Supply

Today I taught a class at 9:30am. I made sure to turn the AC on in the small meeting room 30 minutes before the class began. It was not cold at all, but at least the air was moving. I left the door open.

The six or seven students arrived and we started the class. After a few minutes one person closed the door. Within five minutes there was sweat running down my back!

The room was not overly hot, but my forehead was dripping, my armpits were soaked, and I could feel the rivulet down the center of my back, along the valley of the spine.

It was then that I concluded that the temperature is not such a big deal; it's the Air Supply that makes me drenched. The air conditioners are large ceiling-mounted things, but they don't seem to work all that well. Apparently all of the ACs on my floor were checked and cleaned this past weekend but this didn't seem to help the problem.

Tomorrow I will conduct an experiment: I am going to suggest we leave the door open to get some better circulation, and see what happens.

I am "glad" (rabbit ears) that I wore an undershirt today. I do not like wearing undershirts because they just heat up my core. So many people here (men and women) swear by them, but although I have tried several times, the result is always the same: the underwear absorbs the sweat that my body produces from the heat, and also from the increase in core temperature due to the "layering" (rabbit ears). My head heats up and my body feel so hot when I wear an undershirt.

Maybe I just have a weird body...

I finished dinner and the dishes, and a glass of my favourite wine: YellowTail Cabernet Sauvignon (which is the red label if you ever want to try it). I am having my coffee now and then I think I will jump in the shower, pull the gauze out of the hole in my chest, clean myself, shave myself (comprehensive), and then stuff more gauze into the hole (I figured out how to do it ver well...)

Have a great day.

I love you!
Cam

2 comments:

  1. That video was sick!
    You're very weird ;-)

    Have a good night,Cam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very weird movie.
    Anyway, stay cool.
    IGLU

    ReplyDelete