Friday, November 13, 2009

Singly Delicious

I finished work about 19:40 tonight. I spent pretty much the entire day from 11am sitting in the lunchroom with a window partially open, working on market research for a company we are interested in possibly working with. The office is simply too hot for me and in fact while everyone seems to be freezing their flat Japanese asses off, I am boiling mine off! It feels like a beautiful cool late autumn day in Fukui without the humidity so I love the breeze. Not my coworkers... so I decided rather than sitting there all day I would DO something about it. I'm tired of going home with a drenched undershirt (that I hate wearing but have to in order to keep my dress shirt semi-dry) and sopping (s)we(a)t gotch.

I got most of the data collected and now I need to convert it all to Japanese next week. Then I need to do the same thing for three other companies...

Instead of going straight home very hungry I decided to go alone to the standing/eating/drinking place that Kyoko and I have been to a few times now. I am having a (1) beer and some yakitori etc. I hope it tides me over so I can go home and cook dinner.

Tomorrow I go to the hospital again so it will be an early morning. I had better get my laundry washed and hung tonight because Mayu invited me to go to a world famous art gallery from Europe that is here. This is one of the good things of Tokyo: all the global culture comes here and you have a ton to see if that interests you. I figured I would tag along because this is apparently a rare display that is extremely popular around the world.

One of the guys is outside clapping and calling out to the night hoping to catch some hungry night walkers... one of the many things I love about Japan.

Have a good weekend!

Thumbingly yours,

Cam

P.S. I guess there are a lot of these kinds of Friday nights when you are single and have no romantic attachments...

2 comments:

  1. Have a good one, Cam. Oh, BTW, snow in Western Canada today. I'd prefer to sweat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken, trust me. You do not want to spend 10+ hrs with a sopping wet crotch and a sweat-stained dress shirt with a discoloured sportscoat too while stuck in an office with no ventilation. It is not pleasant. Ill take the snow.

    ReplyDelete