Friday, November 20, 2009

Breakfast at Maxxany's

I'm sitting in their family room having my first Hokuriku breakfast in nearly three months (I wish I could attach the photo I took.).

The rain poured like it never does in Tokyo...

My hair is frizzy from the humidity...

The cold damp house already has my toes aching and the kerosene heaters kick off that unmistakeable wet heat which feels good and bad at the same time...

breathe in....

breathe out....

smile......

The mountains still have that glorious autumn captain crunchberry explosion of colour...

The birds sing gaily with songs I have not heard for a quarter of a year...

And now its time to make the coffee, go down to the studiodungeon, sit by the fire a bit as Max & Co. are working and. warm. up. I always thought their house was unusually cold... it is! Stephanie remembers how chilly it is in here in spite of all the warm hearts that abound.
I'm home.

5 comments:

  1. I have a bedroomdungeon, but I don't think it means the same thing as your studiodungeon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... No riding?

    I hope the weather cooperates later or tomorrow.

    Got Kerian and her friend, Bonnie, and Bonnie's dog, Cooper here with me tonight. ... we met at the Pub.
    She was surprised at how i've become a "regular", but i had good fun with my gurlz.

    Take care, Mou!

    Did you give Max the hug and kiss from me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK OK OK...

    I'm goin now...
    Night, Mou!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo the smell of Max's studio.... the feel of the wood.. the sticky of the glue on my fingers and the heat of the woodstove...


    That damp... chill you to the core.. humidity... :)

    Thanks for the memory, Wouk.

    I love you

    ReplyDelete