Thursday, November 5, 2009

Throwing in the Towel

I left work just before 7pm this evening, fairly hungry but determined to get to the gym. It has been weeks since I had the time and energy to do so.

I stopped at McDs outside my station for a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese (X2) and a coffee. I tossed the buns, of course and let my body absorb the vitamins, minerals, natural fats and protein in the meat... ahhhh. It hit the spot and kept me going.

I went home, changed, and grabbed my Eddie Bauer bag that is my gym bag, headed to the station and caught my train.

It was a good workout though the weeks away have weakened me. And the beer after work with Kyoko and others has put a kilogram of chub around the waist. As much as I hate the way it feels, it is kind of necessary for me to make it through the unheated winter nights without leg and feet cramps nightly. Crazy I know, but having a bodyfat percent above 10% does have its advantages.

I enjoyed the workout but couldn't get any of the women to chat with me (no mojo me). A couple guys nattered their heads off about silly stuff.

I fell asleep on the mat after my floor work and stretches for ... oh about... 25 minutes. It felt refreshing. I went down to the bath, got out of my workout clothes (cycling stuff I wore once a month ago and thought to use for workout soon after but they just sat in my gym bag for... could that be why nobody talked to me tonight?!? *gasp*) and grabbed my shampoo, face scrub (metrosexual me) my razor and---

I realized that I had completely forgotten to throw in the towels!!!

I managed to gedderdunn but it took quite a while to dry off this superheated onsen body with a blowdryer!

Now I am enjoyong my riceless tonkatsu teishoku dinner next door to the gym. It amazes me how cheaply we can eat out here in Japan compared to North America. It used to be the other way around but not any more.

Thumbingly Yours
Cam

12 comments:

  1. Weren't there any paper towels in the lavatory section? Or do they use hand blowers?

    What a goof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart Double Quarter Pounders with cheese, but I add salad and triple pickle to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No towels....oh my gosh...the image....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb,
    If they have Wendy's there their burgers are even better.
    They have this Double Stack burger on the "value menu" which is only $1 - $1.29 here>

    I had a great lunch the other day... The Double Stack and a small order of fries for two bucks.

    Yummo!
    I wondered if i shouldn't get two thinking they'd be puny, but it was plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeez... not even the cheeseburgers at McD's are under $1.29...

    I'M FEELIN' SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIPPED OFF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple cheese burgers are JPY 100 yen here. Basically "a buck". Food is cheap in Japan these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty cheap here too.

    Where it wasn't was in Canada!
    I had serious sticker shock at the cost of food there. Especially the sweet potatoes, which we can get about ten pounds of for five dollars.
    There i almost passed out at the cashier, not knowing i had picked out sweet potatoes that were five dollars PER POUND!!!!!!

    Holy crap those were some expensive sweet potato pies i made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They were! But the pies you made have lasting memories so your big bucks went to some HUGE memories that I will never forget and cannot thank you enough for doing that for my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! No kidding!!! Whew...are you hot all of a sudden! *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL I have struggled keeping a gym routine after moving up here with Reed. But have done awesome the last two weeks going 5 days each week. So a routine is emerging at last and living here in AZ I don't NEED the extra body fat, and want to keep it around 20% (hey a girl needs a few curves). The holidays are coming too so I can not afford NOT to go to the gym..

    The towel is funny, I have done that before and sat there dabbing with paper towels. LOL Now usually I come home to shower because I want to avoid being in the locker rooms more than I need to with flu season in full force.

    ReplyDelete