Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Real Burger, A Real Carbover


After arriving at Mayu's and enjoying giving/receiving those wonderful Canadian hugs we headed off to her work. The trip took about 45minutes with the traffic (it took her 15 this morning with no traffic). We set an appointment at 18:15 for her and 18:30 for me. Mayu wanted korean scrub called aka-suri and I had a balinese aroma massage. I chose the black pepper oil as the aroma. The bath was amazingly crowded with little kids running willy-nilly. That was one thing people didn't have to deal with at Relaim in Fukui as kids are not allowed. The bath was fine and the massage went well. As I only got a couple hours of sleep the massage knocked me out.

I went back to the bath and washed off the oil. No matter what carrier oil is chosen, and we have tested this with a lot of different kinds, if I leave it on as most do, I get itchy.

We went out for dinner on the way home rather than cook at home and decided to dine at a gourmet hamburger restaurant. I chose the biggest burger they had and added avocado to it. It cost about USD $20. Don't go flipping out now as this was not a McD burger... Even the bread was good stuff and I ate it. Thus the title: Carbover. Mayu and I were so dehydrated from the bread and this morning we both had cottonmouth. She even noted last night that whenever she goes out for dinner with her boyfriend she gets dehydrated dry mouth... and realized that it's because he is a reg-carber like the majority of people around the globe, and she eats the same as he when out with him. Her body has adjusted to lower-carbs so the dose of high-carb dinner once a week with him does her in. And she realized that is what it was that caused it every time they went out to eat.

We came home, unloaded the stuff, had coffee and went to bed.

Mayu works today so we got up at 6am. I put my futon etc. away and then had breakfast. Mayu boiled some eggs for her obento today and I had two along with salad, some ham, cottage cheese, natto, and boiled vegetables in a broth she had made yesterday before I got there.

We shared some more of those wonderful Canadian hugs that are famous around the Multiverse (or at least in New Jersey, New York, Miami, North Dakota, Kansas, Texas, Arizona, California, Japan, Italy, etc.) and parted ways. Mayu drove off to work and I walked to the station in the fresh, brisk morning air.

I'm at the Shinjuku Segafredo I took Paula (and Stefnee?) to when they visited me. It's my favourite one so far and I have been coming here for years. The reason why I am not rushing home is because I want to go to Zara and look again at a pair of shoes I have tried on four times now just to see if #5 is the turning point. And most retail stores do not open until 10 or 11am. But that is OK because I have my kindle and am reading a very bizarre classic (again) that many of you may have read in your schooldaze as I did: "The Trial".

Well, a group of elderly people just sat down nest to me... about 10 of them... and all of a sudden I am enveloped by "old person air"...
So I shall end this thumb typing on my keitai and I wish you a wonderful weekend.

I love you!

5 comments:

  1. The third photo (cannot rotate it on my keitai) was dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had penguin for pudding! :~O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yanno... I look at this blog on the computer, and it stuns me to think that I actually typed this entire blog from my keitai (cell phone) with only my thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I LOVE that place, and remember sitting in the corner (crowded with people) at that high counter smoking our clove's and sipping or coffee, I had a cappuccino with a heart on it.

    These kinds of burgers are worth 20 bucks and cotton mouth once and a while... did you eat the fries too? I can usually pass on those, maybe just a nibble of one or two but they usually taste awful and like grease stick. So not worth the bother.

    The shoes... I have to laugh, because I am doing the VERY same thing! I have tried on a pair of Shape Up's now 3 times... and looked at them and almost purchased them about 5 or 6... but keep walking out unsure. LOL Reed finally said did you buy them? I said No... I have other things to spend the money on, so he rolled his eyes and dragged me back to buy them. LOL I STILL didn't.... but think I will look online to see if I can get them cheaper. I am not the typical "impulsive female shopper" that's for sure. LOL

    Tell Mayu Hi for me next time you see her....

    ReplyDelete