Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go North Young Man

Good evening. How are you today? I hope you are having a wonderful morning. (how is that for touching all time zones?)

Tonight I taught my two hours of English to my co-workers. There were not too many people who came. After that another English-speaking coworker asked if I would like to visit the Chinese Restaurant next door and have some of the kara-age that I always talk about. And since she actually waited around for me, I said yes! We had a nice chat about stuff, and talked while eating for about an hour. Then I came home.

I am doing a little bit of packing tonight and then heading to bed early. Tomorrow is the last day of the week for me as I will be taking Friday off in exchange for the Saturday we all worked on 2/27. That will make it a four day weekend.

On Friday morning I will head off to Haneda Airport to catch a flight to Sapporo, up in Hokkaido. It's time to get away. I've been in the Megalopolis grind for nearly seven months now, and only got away once to visit Max in early November. It's time.

The last time I was up in Hokkaido I was hitchhiking around the island. I think I was still in my 20s... Late 20s or very early 30s. This time, I don't have any plans, but am going to head up there for two nights and three days. I want to enjoy the crisp, cool air. While it will be 20C here on the weekend, Sapporo is expecting 4C in the day and -4C at night so that will be nice and refreshing for me. There are no plans (the way I like to travel) as I plan to enjoy every NOW moment as it comes about.

Short and Sweet...

I love you!

Cam

P.S. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Awww... I'll miss you, Mou!

    Have a great time! I'll be living vicariously through you as i am all my other friends who are getting away... sigh... i NEED a vacation!!!
    Haven't been away since last August when i visited my SkinnyWhiteBoy at his parents place in W'peg.

    ahhh... memories...

    Bye4now, Sweety! I know i don't have to tell you to take lots of pictures.
    LoveYou, Mou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh enjoy your time away. We all need that. Mark and I are headed back to the mountains this weekend. We are going to visit the Cliff Dwellings of the Anasazi Indians.
    See you soon.
    Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time, that was clever. LOL

    Hope you have a fabulous time away.

    ReplyDelete