Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cast iron cookware by Lodge is the cast's meow! (no, this is not cleverly designed product placement advertising, though on twitter it may look that way...) One of the things that impressed my tender, young, malleable, virgin mind during the few visits I made to Bob's Getaway in the Blue Ridge Mountains was the ability of cast iron cookware to cook foods without splashing oil everywhere. I never forgot that. And the fact that I can reproduce the same results, even on the other side of the world, is quite heartening, considering I now own my very own cast iron LODGE cookware. And I like that! I like it a lot!!

4 comments:

  1. I saw it on Amazon.com for about $35. Wow... I paid $100 for it here. Things that get imported, especially HEAVY things can be a bit pricier.... Though I did find a place on Amazon Japan that sells it for $65. Oh well. I enjoyed the store as well, so it was a good buy for me.

    Time to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention they can bury you with it, or it can be passed down to someone after your gone. They last FOREVER.... literally. Unless you do something completely lame (like leave it sopping wet) it will never wear out.

    ReplyDelete