Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Picky!

I got home after the gym too late and too beat to practice the guitar. But Haruo at work gave me a few spare picks today so now I can practice with a pick. Tomorrow morning I will most likely be too rushed preparing for work and it will be too early for it anyway so I just wanted to try the pick across the strings to see what it felt like.

I just plucked "Good King Wenslas" out of the blue! Now where on earth did that come from?

I have heard that the mind actually permanently stores absolutely everything it experiences from the time we are born. Who knows? Maybe that's where King Wenslas came from!

We had a good magnitude 6 earthquake at just after 10:30 tonight. The restaurant on the first floor was doing some serious rockin and everyone's keitai was playing the earthquake alarmm.

I love you!
Cam

4 comments:

  1. You have earthquake alarms on your phones? Interesting!

    I think your right about storing things forever... I know more song lyrics that I should. I impress my boyfriend constantly with my ability to just pick up and start singing anything. 40's.50's 60's,70's 80's etc... he asks me how I do that. I don't have an answer I just can. Even if its been 25 years or more I can still just belt it out like I heard it every day.

    It's my one skill... but really is it useful? No... except as a cheap parlor trick. Math skills would have been far better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis - Your dad probably sung them all at some point in your presence.
    Yes, the entire restaurant "went off". And then the light fixtures started swinging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting Christmas gifts from business associates leaves one all warm and fuzzy. Now if it was from one of the opposite sex I would feel even fuzzier!

    ReplyDelete